Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Finn’s POV

It had been days since I last spoke with Elizabeth and though I tried very hard to forget her, I just couldn’t. Her image kept creeping back into each and every corner of my mind. The memories flooded back in and it was as if I had no control over my thoughts. I needed her back, badly.

I flipped open the telly to try and relax my mind even though I knew it wouldn’t make a difference. It opened to the news channel and there was the London Eye on the screen, except it wasn’t moving. The news anchor woman came on and announced that the electricians were trying to get it moving again. After a few minutes after the announcement was made, it did begin to move again. The reporters scrambled over to the people that were stuck in it. Suddenly Jackie boy appeared on the screen. Of course! Jack told me he was going there with Priya. They must have gotten stuck in it.

My little brother had a girl, and he seemed quite happy with her. Oh I must have Elizabeth back. I started to doze off with only one thing on my mind, Elizabeth...

***

“Finn? You home?”

I was awoken by Jack’s voice. I brought my hands up to my tired eyes. How long was I out for? 

Jack’s feet shuffled and came to a stop when he noticed me on the couch.

“We’re you sleeping?”

“Uh, yup” I answered back slowly. “But I did manage to see you on the telly before dozing off.”

“Oh yeah,” he said with a chuckle, “We were stuck there for hours.”

I was paying much attention to the conversation for my mind was constantly drifting back to Elizabeth.

“Finn, can I ask you something?”

I looked at him. He gave me that face that he used to have whenever something was bothering him; shyness with a hint of seriousness.

“What’s up?” I asked concerned.

“It’s Priya.  I asked her today where we were in our relationship, and...” he drifted off.

“And...” I pressed him for an answer.

“Well she never really gave me a straight answer; she kept avoiding it, like she was too afraid to tell me what was really on her mind.”

“I know what you mean mate,” I said with a frown. I had told him all about Elizabeth except for one thing.

“Yeah, I guess you do,” he said with a sigh.

“But she never told you flat out that she didn’t love you?” I asked.

“No, she didn’t-”

“Well than there is still a chance that she does” I stated hopefully.

“I guess you’re right.” He noticed me frowning and added, “Well there might be hope for you too”

“How?” I said in an exasperated tone.

“Well for one thing you still love her, and maybe she just had something else that was distracting her at the moment that now she doesn’t”

“To tell you the truth, having her tell me she doesn’t love me just makes me want to have her more. And deep down inside of me, I still don’t believe that she doesn’t feel anything for me.”