Chapter 23

Chapter 23- Finn’s POV

Betrayal, anger, pain. It’s been a week since Zoe told us about the night at Louis’ party back in February of last year, and those were the only emotions that I’ve been feeling lately. I was pissed at her, how can she do such a thing? She knew how much that one idea meant to Jack and me, that idea could’ve gotten us from 1 million subscribers to more than double. That idea most likely would’ve gotten Jack the dream job as an actor that he had always wanted. That one idea meant a whole lot more than just a couple of views.

Jack was taking this a lot worse than I was. He and Zoe were a lot closer than I ever was to her, and not to mention that crush he had on her about 2 years ago for almost an entire year. He was hurt, and so was I.

And what is with that ‘You guys are dating the same girl’ bullshit? As if we’d believe her after learning of her betrayal. To be honest, I think that was just a way of making us like her again. She was probably thinking if they hate me for what happened last year, I can get them to like me back by saving them from the clutches of a psycho girl who dates the two of them.’ I scoffed at that thought.

Speaking of girls we’re dating, I haven’t seen Elizabeth since mine and Jack’s birthday party. She texted me about 2 days ago asking if we could go out, but she never answered back, neither did she pick up her phone. Something seems weird, or she’s probably busy at a photo shoot, after all London fashion week is coming up soon.

Jack and I were currently sitting in his room editing the same video we were editing last week. By now it would’ve been up, but with Zoe’s confession, things were progressing at a slow rate. We would easily get distracted and when the thoughts of Zoe swam into our minds, we’d call it quits for the day.

All of our friends have also found out about Zoe’s betrayal within the past week and most of them were conflicted. They were upset and disappointed in her about the deal that went down between her and Bertie, but the part about Jack and I dating the same girl left them confused. They didn’t know whether to believe her or not, but unlike us, they actually forgave her for her betrayal and were on speaking terms.

Jack and I haven’t spoken a single word to her. Sure she has tried to explain herself to us, but we wouldn’t pay her any attention.

All in all this past week has been horrible.

I looked over at Jack and saw that he was lost in thoughts, gazing out the window.

“Jack,” I nudged him in the ribs. He snapped out of his daze and looked at me, eyes glazed over. “You alright there bud?”

“I wish I could say yes, but sadly no.”

“What’s going on in your head?”

“I just… I still… I can’t believe Zoe would do such a thing.”

I let out a breath knowing exactly that that’s what was bothering him.

“I mean,” he continued, “What happened to the girl we could count on, the girl that we would tell our darkest secrets to and that girl who would always have our backs? What happened to her?”

I sat back and let his release all the emotions he’s kept in for the last week.

“God, I was so, so foolish to ever think that I could count on her. I trusted her with the thing that could’ve potentially written my future, and what did she do? She went ahead and backstabbed me. And for what? That blackmailing bastard?! God! This just makes me so damn pissed,” he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

“And fine,” Jack went on, “Let’s say she really didn’t have no other option, that it was either betrayal or Joe goes to jail, for one second did she not stop and think that we could’ve helped her? She promised us that we could count on her, and that feeling is mutual, or at least was,” he scoffed at the last part. “She knew that we would’ve helped her out, we could’ve done something, hell I would’ve even taken the blame for Joe.”