07

"Where have you been?" Neteyam asked as soon as I get close to them.

Me and ao'nung parted ways so my siblings and our friends won't see us together. He swim on the other side.

"Somewhere to clear my mind" I smiled assuring him.

He nodded. Tuk run to me and I carried her. "How are you tuk?" I askef her smiling.

"We swim for hours! It's so fun Raya, sadly you're not with us" she said and I giggled.

"Next time I'll come with y'all" I poke her nose lightly and she giggled.

Ao'nung got up from the water and walked towards us. "Where have you been brother?" Tsireya asked her.

"Hunting" he answered looking deep into my eyes.

I can see neteyam looking back to the both of us so I break the eye contact and shifted my gaze to tuk who's busy playing with my long wet hair.

"Why's he staring at you like that?" I looked at lo'ak whispering at me while looking at ao'nung.

I looked at his direction and caught him staring. He smirked as we met each others eyes. I scoffed, he doesn't even care whether his sister or my sibling's looking at us.

I look at lo'ak. " I don't know?"

He raised his brows at me looking at me suspiciously. "You sure?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, now stop looking at me like that" he shrugged his shoulders and left with tsireya.

Rotxo left with ao'nung, kiri nowhere to be seen. I guess she's home already. Me, neteyam and tuk walked back homd with tuk on my arms.

"Sis" neteyam called me. I looked at him and saw the big teasing smile he has in face, my forehead creased.

What is he on about?

"What?"

"I saw you leave with ao'nung earlier" I stopped in my tracks. He saw us? And what if he does? There's nothing to be nervous about because we didn't do anything bad.

"Mhm I did and what about it?" He grinned at me. I let tuk down as she run towards our hut.

"Hmm... away for hours with ao'nung, two avatars all alone.." he teased me.

I widen my eyes and pushed him. "Gross neteyam! Oh my stop with that" he laughed as I roll my eyes at him.

"You know what sis don't be shy, there's nothing to be ashamed of if you two kissed--" I pushed him once again.

"Disgusting stop!" I said running away from him.

I can hear him laughing his ass off. I can feel my cheeks burning up in embarrassment. I can't believe neteyam really think we'll do that, there's no way I'm going to kiss someone like ao'nung.

I got into our hut and dad, mom and tuk's the only people here. Mom and dad looked up at me smiling, tuk sleeping in mom's arms.

"What is it babygirl?" Dad asked.

I shook my head and sat down in front of them. "Nothing dad" I said as I brushed the hair out of my face.

Not long after neteyam came in smiling at me, I hissed at him and he only laughed.

"What is it kids?" Mom asked.

"Nothing mom--" I didn't get the time to finish my sentence when neteyam speak.

"Raya got a crush on ao'nung" he said laughing as I shoot him a glare.

"I don't like him!" I said as I pushed him lightly, he only laughed. This is what makes neteyam happy, teasing me.

Dad and mom laughed. "It's not bad to like someone, dear. Don't be shy about it" mom said smiling at me.

I groaned. I promise to death I don't like ao'nung, can't I befriend him without any malice?

"I don't like himmm" I sulked and lay down on my spot turning my back on them. I can hear them laughing so I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶—̶——̶—̶—̶

I got up and leave the hut, the sun is still up shining bright. I walked outside without destination, I walked until I heard talking behind the rock. I peaked and saw kiri and lo'ak with ao'nung and his friends.

I watch them talk. "Leave us alone" kiri said. I furrowed my brows as ao'nungs friends starts to circle lo'ak grabbing his hands and tails.

"Look at this freak" one of ao'nung friend said.

"Freak" one of them said. No wonder they are ao'nungs friends. They're so rude and mean just like ao'nung.

I looked at ao'nung who's watching his friends circling my brother with a grin on his face.

I'm about to step out of my hiding spot when neteyam appeared pushing everyone.

"You heard what she said" he said pointing a finger at ao'nung. "Leave. Them. Alone" he said glaring at him.

"Oh big brother comin--" ao'nung stopped his friend from talking as he stare at neteyam.

He backed away raising his hands and grin. The three was about to leave when ao'nung shouted.

"Freaks!" I glare at him though he can't see me. He's so annoying and rude, I want to punch him right now.

Earlier he's all nice and shit and now he's acting like a complete shit. Lo'ak came back to him and they're talking. And in a matter of second, ao'nungs on floor. I gasped when lo'ak punched him.

Soon after all of ao'nungs friend came to him. Neteyam jumped in and I got out of my hiding spot and walked towards kiri.

"Stop it, you all look so stupid!" She said

I stared at the boys fighting crossing my arms. They do look so stupid right now, they get in trouble again. Dad will surely get mad at them for this action, as much as I want to stop them I didn't. I let them punch and hurt each other, watching as if I don't care. What will happen if I stop them? Nothing because they are boys obviously stronger than me, I might get hit by one of them and I can't risk my pretty face for some stupid fight.

Kiri giggled beside me watching them. "Ow my tail!" Lo'ak shouted as ao'nung dragged him by his tail.

"Ow my ear! Let go!" One of the boys shouted as lo'ak pulls his ears.

"NETEYAM LO'AK!" I was startled by the shout, I look at the direction and saw dad there marching towards us.

He looked at me and kiri then shook his head. He then grabbed neteyam and lo'ak, all of them stopped. They look so scared while looking at my dad. He grabbed my brothers without saying anything and we walked back to our hut.

I looked back at ao'nung glaring at him. I'm not going to forgive him for calling my siblings a freak. It's fine if I'm the only he's calling a freak, but a no when it comes to my siblings.

I can see a bit of a hurt and guilt expression passed his eyes before he turn around and walked away with his friends.