31

Time passes by really fast. Sun comes down and up, just like the normal days. Nothing's really special. Ronal and Tonowari already knows that we mated, at first they were shocked and all but still accepted it.

Everything's fine not until Ronal found out that the demons killed her spirit sister. She's really sad and mad about it. They kept looking for dad, they even go as far as burning the other villages.

I'm scared for my family, and for the whole metkayina clan. They won't stop until they have dad with them.

The metkayina clan let out this noises, sticking their tongues out. I'm standing beside neteyam, ao'nung beside rotxo looking so mad and ready to fight.

I felt bad for the whole clan but what can we do? The sky people won't stop, they even took it as far as hunting the tulkuns down.

"You don't understand  how the sky people think, they don't care about the great balance! " Dad yelled looking at everyone.

Someone tried to protest but neteyam spoke up. "Listen, listen to him"

"The sky people are not gonna stop, it's only the beggining. Y-you gotta tell the tulkun to leave! You gotta tell them to go far away!" Dad continues trying to convince everyone.

I looked down as I can see how hard it is to convince them, this is not easy for all and I understand it. This is hard for everyone, also for us. Being hunt down by the sky people is not an easy thing, sleeping at night thinking that you'll wake up in their hands.

They won't listen. "You leave!" Ronal said. "You lived among us and you learned nothing" as tears flow down her face.

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!" One of them yelled. They started making this noise again.

Dad continued convincing everyone. I'm looking at my feet not knowing what to do, spacing out drowning the loud noises surrounding me, us. I heaved a deep sigh before looking up again, my eyes looking straight at ao'nung's.

He's looking at me and I can't help but look away, ashamed that we've brought this war in their territory. If we hadn't come here, they won't be fighting about this. They should have been living peacefully.

I slip out of the crowd not liking how loud it gets, neteyam even grabbed me by my arm. I told him that I'll be fine and I just needed some air.

Slipping out of the crowd, I stood not far away from them. Looking at the sea, it's raining which made the sky more gloomy.

"Raya" I looked back as fast as I can as I heard the familiar voice.

Ao'nung. "Yes?"

"A-are you okay?" He asked me as he got closer to me, cupping my cheeks.

"I am, I'm just scared for everyone.." I whispered.

He pulled me in a tight hug running his hand on my back. "Don't worry, we'll be fine" he whispered.

I rested my cheeks on his chest. The hug soon ended when neteyam went to us, looking at us first.

"Let's go! Lo'ak's going to warn payakan!" He said and slapped ao'nung's chest.

We both looked at each other and followed him. I guess they agreed on what dad is saying. We called for our ilus jumping into the water, tsireya's with us.

"Lo'ak stop!" Tsireya yelled.

"Lo'ak come back here!" Neteyam then yelled.

We all dived down onto the water following lo'ak, ao'nung beside me. We're riding the ilus as fast as we can to keep up with lo'ak.