20

I'm sitting on the big rock with ao'nung beside me. We've been talking for hours. No one bothering us, its just us, the calm sea, and the cold wind.

"How'd you play back in the forest?" He asked.

I laughed as I remembered how I play with my siblings back in the forest. I miss swinging through trees.

"I swing through trees and jump on tree branches or fly with my ikran" I answered.

He smiled. "That seems fun, we never get to swing through trees here though" I chuckled.

Ofcourse they don't, they are reef people. They live in an island surrounded by the ocean, you can see trees but it's not as tall and big like the trees in the forest.

"Do you want to learn?" I asked.

He shook his head no. "I'm not born to be a monkey" we both laughed.

"Oh so you're saying that I'm a monkey?" I jokingly glare at him.

A small grin appear on his lips. "Maybe? I don't know?"

Oh you like to tease? Ok then

"Whatever you say fish lips" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey you don't get to say that!" He said. I laughed at him.

Why is he so cute? My heart flatters. This is us everyday, teasing each other and more.

"I can" I replied.

He glared at me. "No" he's so funny for real.

I laughed and leaned on his shoulder. "I'm kidding love..." I whispered as I took a deep breath in.

We're sitting like that on top of the big rock. I'm leaning on him and his arm wrapped around my waist.

We were soon interrupted by voices. "Hey Raya ao'nung let's go fol-- ohh" my eyes shot open.

My siblings, tsireya and rotxo looking at us confused and shocked. I cleared my throat and jumped off the big rock dusting myself.

Why do I feel so shy right now? My cheeks is burning!

"W-what was that?" Rotxo asked still stunned.

I laughed awkwardly. "I- hehe we're just t--" I was cutted off when ao'nung spoke.

"We're having a boyfriend and girlfriend time, you ruined it" my eyes widened.

I looked at him in shock and he only smiled at me. I calmed myself down, it's not that I'm embarrassed or what. I'm just shocked that he easily said that to them.

"Uh... okay" kiri replied.

Tsireya squealed. "O M G!! Congrats you two!! I've been rooting for the both of you" she clasped her hands together looking at us dreamily.

I laughed at her. She's really cute. She came to me and hugged me.

"So you're my soon sister in law? Oh my! I can't wait to do girly things with you" she squealed.

I laughed. "Yesss!"

"Raya!" Tuk said. I smiled at her and carry her.

"Congrats! You both looks so cute" she whispered at me making me giggle.

"Okay stop with this love shit I'm getting jealous, I want one too. Anyways let's go now!" Rotxo meddle in.

"Where are we going?" Ao'nung asked.

"We're going to follow lo'ak, he's seeing his friend tulkun." Neteyam replied.

Tuk and kiri decided to stay at home, avoiding troubles. We got on our ilu's riding it to where lo'ak go. He's in the big space with the tulkun.

We hid in the big leaves looking at lo'aks next move. I hope he's not stupid this time and make the right decision. I don't want him getting in trouble again.

The tulkun opened its mouth and lo'ak seemed confused at first. What the even hell are they doing?

Lo'ak swam inside the tulkun's big mouth. I stayed calm, I don't feel that something bad is going to happen. Neteyam tried to surge forward but ao'nung and tsireya stopped him, telling him to calm.

It has been minutes. I don't feel any fear or nervousness so I guess lo'ak's good inside. After a long minute, the tulkun opened its mouth revealing lo'ak. I'm somewhat relieved that he's okay.

But what did he do inside the tulkuns mouth?

They swam back up. Tsireya signed at us with a disappointed look on her face, what happened?

"Let's go back" tsireya signed. We agreed and got back to the island welcomed by ronal and tonowari.

We stopped in our tracks. They look mad and I don't know. What's happening? Lo'ak soon followed behind us, he stopped in his tracks too as he saw ronal glaring at him.

"Come" Tonowari said and dragged lo'ak with him.

I think there's something wrong. We followed them as I ask ao'nung what's happening.

"Love, what's going on?" I whispered at him.

"He bonded with the outcast" he said.

My eyes widened. But, is there something wrong with that? The tulkun is lo'aks friend, they surely trust each other enough to bond.

"You allowed this" Ronal said furious.

"You allowed him to bond with the outcast" She looked at tsireya while pointing lo'ak, anger can be heard in her voice.

Ronal released a deep sigh calming herself. Tonowari looked at tsireya.

"Tsireya" she looked at him. "You disappoint me daughter" tsireya's ears bend down as a little sob escaped her lips.

I feel bad for her.  I know what it's like to be a disappointment. Tsireya is too soft and kind, I think this kind of words hurts her a lot.

"And you" he pointed lo'ak. "son of a great warrior, who's taught more better" Tonowari scoffed.

"Payakan saved my life sir, you don't know him" lo'ak tried to defend his tulkun friend.

My eyes shifted to mom and dad looking curious not knowing what is happening. Tonowari has a stern look on his face.

"Sit"

"Sit" he commanded lo'ak. Lo'ak sat down and we're just looking at him. Lo'aks head hung low.

My eyes landed on ao'nung, he gave me a small smile. Tonowari yelled at us. "Sit down!" Motioning us to sit down.

Tsireya sat down as fast as she can. I sat down quick trying not to add a fuel on Tonowari's raging fire.

"Hear my words boy, in the day of first songs, tulkun fought amongst themselves, for territory and for revenge. They came to belief that kill no matter how justify, only brings more killing. So killing was forbidden, this is the tulkun way. Payakan is a killer, so he's outcast" Tonowari said looking seriously at lo'ak.

Lo'ak shook his head no. "I'm sorry sir but you're wrong--" mom cutted him off. "Lo'ak! You speak to olo'eyktan!" Ronal hissed.

"That's enough!" Dad yelled.

I eyed lo'ak saying no as he looked at my direction. He better stop, no one will listen to him here, it'll only bring more trouble for him.

"I know what I know" lo'ak said.

"I'll handle this one" dad said and dragged lo'ak with him. I got up and was about to follow them but mom stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Don't. Jake won't do anything, dear. Let him" mom assured me.

I looked back to where dad dragged lo'ak and back to mom. It's not that I don't trust dad, it's just that he spits harshful words towards lo'ak whenever he's mad.

I nod my head and hung my head low. Mom smiled and tuck my hair behind my ear. I looked at ao'nung who's already looking at us. I gave him a small smile before we left their pod.