14

It has been days since I saw ao'nung and that girl on the cove. And it has been days since I was ignoring him. It's either I'm home helping mom sew nets or go with my friends and siblings whenever ao'nungs not around.

I would sometimes caught him staring at me when I'm doing my business outside. I always try my best to ignore him and not look at him even just for a second.

Our friends is starting to notice what is happening, lo'ak would ask me why am I not with ao'nung just like before. They would sometimes ask me why am I not hanging out with him like what we usually do before.

I would always answer them with silence not spilling any words about the situation or I'll just simply avoid the topic. And when they notice that I'm not going to talk about that topic, they'll just sigh and give up on asking me.

It still hurts. It feels like everything happened yesterday. It hurts me because he doesn't even try to talk to me or get close to me. He would simply avoid me too, well that's what I feel.

I would always make reasons if I don't want to go with them when ao'nungs there too. It's good because none of them pushes me to do the things that I don't want to do. I'll simply reject them and they would leave me alone.

But today's different. I'm tired of sewing mats these past few days so I decided to go out with them.

They're happy that I'll come with them after days of not showing up to others. I came even though ao'nungs there too, it's not hard to avoid and ignore him right? I did it these past few days, this day won't be different.

Even though I'm avoiding him doesn't mean that I don't want him anymore. I'm just taking my time, I won't let that girl have him. In the end, I'll still be the girl that he'll want and chase. Yeah, I'm that confident.

"Oh my eywa, good to see you again raya! I missed you" Tsireya squealed as she hugged me real tight.

I laughed at her. "I missed you too" I hugged her back.

We broke from the hug and rotxo came closer. "You look more pretty raya" he complimented and I laughed.

"Nah, not really" we joked around not caring about the pair of eyes that is staring at me.

We stopped joking around when someone called ao'nung. "Ao'nung!" A girl's voice, it seems so familiar.

We looked at where the voice came from. I knew it, it's the girl from the cove. She run towards us with a big smile on her face. She's looking at ao'nung the whole time.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Can they just go meet somewhere else? Her stares at ao'nung makes me want to puke. So annoying.

"Hey" she said smiling at him widely. He returned a small smile.

She then looked at us. "Hi guys!" She said cheerfully. She looks so excited, a quite cheerful one, has a bright aura. No wonder ao'nung likes her.

"Hey"

"Hi"

Everyone greeted her except me. She looked at me hoping for me to greet her but I didn't, I only stared at her with no expression on my face.

"Raya greet her, she's waiting" neteyam whispered at me.

I want to roll my eyes, do I have to? Well of course I have to! I don't want to look rude.

I just nod my head at her and smiled widely. Tsireya came on her side.

"Guys, this is Li'yana, our parents friends daughter" she introduced.

Li'yana... interesting.

She smiled. "You can call me iya!" She squealed. Oh too much energy, if she's not on my way I'll probably befriend her.