11

I woke up to tuk shaking me aggressively. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw is her wide smile. I smiled at the sight.

"Morning tuk" I greet her.

She squealed. "Someone's waiting for you outside!" She yelled in excitement.

I immediately sat down and rub my eyes. Who's waiting for me early in the morning? It's too early to go for a walk and do something.

I looked at my side and my family's eating, mom saw that I'm awake and she smiled. "Come Raya, join us" she said and I did.

I was busy eating when tuk shook my lightly. I looked at her. "What?"

"I told you someone's waiting for you outside, what's taking you so long to eat?" I laughed at her. She looks more excited than me. Does she really want me to leave? Fine then.

I pat her head then looked at my parents. "Mom dad can I go?" I asked.

Of course there's some times that I have to ask for their permission. It would be too disrespectful if I just leave without informing them. But if they're not home, of course I leave but I always tell neteyam.

Mom nodded. "Have fun darling" she said.

"Be careful, and be back before the sun sets" dad said and I nodded before heading out.

The morning sun greeted me, it's not that hot outside right now. I smiled as I saw ao'nung standing beside our hut looking down. He did really wait for me.

I walked towards him with a smile on my face. "Hey" he was shocked to see me at first but smiled.

"Hey, how's your sleep pretty?" He asked me .

I giggled at what he called me. "Good and peaceful" I said.

He smiled and walked towards me and grabbed me by my waist. I giggled at his actions, he planted a soft kiss on my forehead before leading me onto where we're going.

I kept asking him along the way where are we going but he'll keep answering me with a "secret" or just simply ignore my question and start a different conversation. He would always avoid the topic so I stopped bothering him about it and just patiently wait until we arrive at the destination. It's making me curious but I stayed quiet not wanting to annoy him.

We rode by his ilu. I hugged his waist tighter and layed my head on his back, my cheeks pressing on his back. His pace went faster and not long after we're in front of an island full of trees. I smiled at the sight as I remember our home, it looks the same back in the forest. Tall trees and thick vines hanging. I miss home.

We got closer to the island as I swim to the shore. No one dared to speak, both admiring the place. This feels like home, the trees I've grown up to. I miss climbing up to trees and running around playing with my siblings.

I looked at ao'nung smiling widely before hugging him. I appreciate all his efforts, this is the best so far. I love all my moments with him, he's the best really.

"Thankyou" I whispered to him.

He hugged me tighter burying his face on my neck. It tickles me everytime he buries his face on my neck. His breath fanning on my neck making me shiver all the time.

"Welcome pretty" we broke the hug.

"How did you find this place?" I asked him as we enter the forest. I love the feeling of dry leaves crunching under my feet.

"I found this place years ago, everytime I have a problem this is where I go and clear my mind besides the cove" I smiled.

He does explore a lot. I love how he finds this kind of places like the cove where we usually go to.