13

I'm sitting at a tall rock right now hugging my knees. It's evening and my siblings is busy having fun playing in the water, I'm not in the mood to join them. For some reason, I didn't get to see ao'nung even his shadow.

I asked tsireya and rotxo but they said that they didn't know where did ao'nung go. I feel lonely right now, I want him by my side.

I felt someone sat next to me. Lo'ak.

"Why are you here all alone sis? Don't you want to join us? Tsireya's looking for you" he said and I shook my head.

"I just wanted to be alone" I know he can sense the sadness in my voice.

He put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey what happened? Are you sad?"

I looked away, embarrassed about the reason why am I sad. Am I suppose to tell lo'ak that I'm sad because I didn't get to see ao'nung since earlier? Sounds so pathetic of me.

I tried to find a lie. "It's nothing, I just miss home" well it's not really a lie, I miss home. It's nice here, we've staying in this island for a month now.

He put his arm on my shoulders. "I understand you sis, I miss home too and grandma" he said.

I smiled as I remember grandma. She would always tell me stories before, make necklaces for me.

"Yeah, I miss her too" we stayed like that for a moment when I saw my siblings signing us to come to them from afar.

"You should go, tell them that I want to be alone" I said smiling at lo'ak.

He looked at me. "Are you sure? You knoe that I can just stay here with you?"

I shook my head. "No, you should go.. have fun with them" I smiled at him assuring him that I will be fine here on my own.

He nodded and jumped down from the rock. Giving me a last glance, I wave my hand at him smiling and he did the same. He run to where our friends at. As soon as he's far away my smile fade away, thinking of where is ao'nung.

The day ended without ao'nung. He didn't showed up for the whole day. That made me frustrated and sad but I didn't let anyone see that I'm upset smiling brightly at them whenever we crosses each other.

————————————————–————

The next day I was happy to see ao'nung but that happiness quickly fade away. He's ignoring me, he's talking to everyone but me. He wouldn't even dare look at my direction.

That made my heart sank on my stomach. But I didn't show to anyone that I'm affected, putting my usual facial expression. The expression that made me look that I don't care.

Why should I act affected? There's nothing between us, why should I feel sad? Do I have the rights to feel that? I don't.

"Should we go explore the sea?" Tsireya suggested.

"I'll come" lo'ak and neteyam said.

"Yes! I want to!" Tuk yelled in excitement and that made me laugh.

I pinched her cheeks lightly making her giggle. How cute. Tsireya smiled and clasped her hands together.

"Let's go then!" She said excitedly and looked at ao'nung. "What about you brother?" She asked.

I looked at ao'nung hoping that he'll come. He stares at his sister blankly and shook his head.

"Y'all can go, I have important things to do" he said plainly and walked away. Again, not even looking at me.

"What's wrong with him?" Neteyam asked curious.

Tsireya shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, he started acting like that after the talk with dad last last night" she said.