16

After that day and talk, I felt more lively than before. Ao'nung finally explained everything. There's always a reason behind every action, I understand him now.

Everything overwhelmed him making him overthink things. He said that he had to ask nice to her so he wouldn't get in trouble with his dad. I now know that iya likes him, I don't really care because I'm the one he likes.

Our only problem is his parents. How cam we convince them that ao'nung doesn't like iya and that he doesn't want to mate with her? There's a lot of time, we're still young. I know that his parents won't force him to mate with her until they're both 18.

I got out of my thought when someone ruffled my hair sitting next to me. I looked at that person and smiled brightly, it's neteyam.

We're sitting by the bridge in front of our pod, feet dangling on water. "Hey baby sis"

"Hi teyam" I greeted him back.

"You seem so lost yet your smile is so big and bright, brighter than the usual smile you always give though" he said looking at me.

I smiled. "I'm just happy, that's it"

He hummed in response. "May I know the reason why's my baby sis is so happy? You're keeping secrets from me now I'm hurt" he said acting like he's in pain hand in his chest making me laugh.

I lightly pushed him. "Stop being dramatic teyam~" we both laughed.

"So tell me, is it about a boy? Or something? Do you like someone?" That made me blush.

I should tell neteyam. He's my brother after all, I know that he'll be happy for me. Well maybe? But I'm sure that he will.

I looked down starting to get shy. I never talked to neteyam about this kind of topics, we would always talk about random things but never about love.

"So... it's about ao'nung, I like him" I said and he looked at me surprised.

"You? Really?" He said surprised.

I scratched my nape. "Yeah and he does like me too" I said smiling brightly, blood coming up to my cheeks making me blush.

He just stared at me. "Come on bro don't look at me like that" I said.

He laughed loudly, I glared at him. "What's so funny?"

"I don't know, it's just that I thought you don't have any plans on liking someone. Because back in the forest, those guys who confessed their love for you are always rejected! You won't even give them flowery words, you would just simply say 'I don't like you, leave me alone' so mean" he said imitating my voice at the end making me laugh.

I'm not really that mean, I just don't want to give them false hope. I also don't know how to reject someone nicely that's why I always tell them to live me alone.

"I'm not that mean though" I defended myself and he laughed.

"Oh really? How come? You know if I got rejected like that by a girl that I like, I'll surely cry in a corner" he said dramatically.

"Well not everyone's the same, yes some of them might cry but most of them are probably just shrug the thought away and look for someone who will like them back. There's no need to rush things, not everyone you see or like is the one for you, waiting is the key" I said and leaned on neteyam's shoulder.

He put his arms around me and laid his head on mine. "You're right... but I'm still shocked that you fell for ao'nung" we both laughed.

"But seriously baby sis, do whatever makes you happy, follow what your heart says. Be careful and be happy, hmm? I don't want to see you cry because of a boy, if you do I'll tear him apart" he said seriously.

I nod my head and scoot closer to him. "I promise that I won't cry over a boy, teyam"

He kissed the top of my head. I couldn't ask for anything better than to have a serious talk with neteyam. I love him so much that no one can replace him as the best bro in my heart. He's the only one who always understands me.

"I cannot ask for another brother teyam... you and lo'ak are enough for me" I said.

He smiled. "I couldn't ask for more sisters when I have the best three sisters already."

I chuckled. "How sweet of you"

"How about you teyam? Do you like someone already?" I asked him curious on what is going on in his life. Maybe he's secretly seeing someone?

"I don't like someone yet, there's a lots of pretty and decent girls here, very kind and all but no one has taken my attention yet. Just like what you said waiting is the key, so I'll wait for mine haha we'll get there too" he said and took a deep breath.

Neteyam is not that hard to please. He can just easily like someone and mate but that's not it for him, he wants the right woman for him. Someone who can love and take care of him. He wants someone who he can love and protect all his life.

"I love you, bro" I said.

He chuckled. "I love you too, baby sis" he said.

My smile grew wider. We sat there silently but got disrupted when someone spoke behind us. We both looked back seeing dad leaning against the big wood supporting the pod, staring at us with a big smile on his face.

"My children are so cute" he said and walked towards us.

Me and neteyam stood up. "Hi dad" we both greeted.

He smiled. "How long have you been there?" I asked him quite nervous whether he heard our first conversation or not.

"About minutes? When you both are talking about neteyam's love life" he said and stopped in front of us.

He smiled and held our cheeks with his hands. I smiled and lean my face closer to his hands feeling the warmth.

He stared at us admiring us. "My kids are growing up so fast, look at you already talking about love" we all laughed.

"Not really dad" neteyam said laughing.

"I'm here for you kids, hmm? Ask me about that whenever you want, I support the both of you" he said. I smiled, it melted my heart dad is the best.

I hugged him tight and so did neteyam. He chuckled feeling how tight our hug is, he places his both hands on our head patting it.

"You're the best dad" neteyam said.

"I love you dad" me and neteyam both said.

"I love you too, kids" he responded.

I cannot ask for more. I know that this is the family that I'll love forever. I truly love them with all my heart.

—————————————————————
Sorry I didn't get to update last night, I fell asleep huhu. A brother and sister talk for y'all

Anyways how are y'all??? ENJOY READING