28

Aside from the mockingly loud creaking of the wooden plank, as if knowing what her fate would be, the dizzily loud crashing of the waves, the only other thing that Gaeul could hear was the pounding of her heart against her eardrums.

Her knees felt weaker than jelly as she tried her best to balance herself against the plank that was constantly tipping, even more now that she was being shoved further and further, till all that she could see was the mold and slime growing at the end of the wooden plank, and below; the amazing height that they were flying from, right above the deep sea.

And well - yes - Gaeul was astonished at the fact that this ship was floating above the sea instead of sailing along the waves like any other ship would, but hey, this is Neverland.

"Gaeul!" She heard a voice call, and it was none other than Minghao's; strained and heartbreakingly so. Gaeul did not dare whip her head back. She knew that if she did, she wouldn't be able to have the same courage that she had now. She did not want to doubt it; her decision to sacrifice herself for Minghao. She did not want to remember all the people in her life that she had met, everyone who coloured her life in colors that not even a rainbow could contain. She did not want to remember the whole point of why she had came to Neverland and stepped foot into the castle; of the man that she loved the most, more than anything in the world.

Perhaps if she could not meet him now, would it be too much to ask for her to reborn as a star, so that she could be by his side at all times?

"Let this be a lesson to you, young lady!" Hook shouts from a distance, cackling with every bit of evil in his body. "Seems like nobody taught you any manners before, how foolish of you to think that you'd be able to lie to me, Captain Hook!"

Gaeul could feel it, her eyes and face heating up. Her vision blurred, and if it weren't because of the way the ship swayed and tipped and so did the plank, then it was probably because of the tears that was filling up her eyes. She can still hear Minghao calling for her name from behind. She can still hear him pleading them to take him instead, and it wasn't until she heard a loud thud that Minghao became silent, groaning in pain.

"Walk, foolish girl. I'd rather you do this willingly then be pushed to death, yes?"

Gaeul swallowed.

She took tiny steps, trying to dismiss every inch of hesitation from her body. This was it. If this was really the end, Gaeul thought, then I need to feel as if every second of my life was worth it.

The faces of the people she loved the most in the world flashed before her eyes. Minghao, who had been so nice and wise even when all they did was banter and kneaded dough in the kitchen. Chan, her beloved baby brother who still had much to learn, and who still had much stories to listen to that Gaeul hasn't told him. Hansol and Seungkwan, two precious boys who kept her amused even in the short amount of time that they spent together. Hoshi, or rather, Peter, who had been so carefree and introduced her to a new world she had never seen before. Mingyu, her first ever friend who kept her company and listened to her out of the world stories and aims in life. 

And finally, the man in the moon, Jisoo, who will forever be the love of her life, etched into her memories and burned into the back of her mind.

Gaeul shuts her eyes, lets a single tear fall from her cheek - and jumped.