12

“If only there was an alternate universe for you and me.”

----------------------

'Crap,' Gaeul thought, 'didn't bring the textbook for the first period.'

Gaeul sighs. How bad could her day get after realizing that she had accidentally washed her white uniform with the blacks to the extent where it got stained?

Thankfully, the stain was on a pretty secured spot, so Gaeul was safe.

First period was literature, and her teacher would murder her for not bringing hers. That meant Gaeul had to gather the courage to ask for one from the next class.

The only class that had literature today was class 3-1.

She didn't know anyone from the next class, well, maybe one.

'I could ask Yerin for hers if I try,' She thought. Gaeul got up from her seat and walked to the next class, hesitating for the first few moments to slide the door open.

"What are you doing?"

Gaeul turned aroumd to see a guy towering over her, and thankfully she didn't bump into his chest. Whatever happened yesterday accidentally went through her mind, causing a red blush on her cheeks, but she told herself to snap out of it.

"I want to borrow Yerin's literature book." Gaeul tells him.

Mingyu smirks, "Not a very good student we have here, do we?" He says, and Gaeul was about to leave from embarrassment when Mingyu hits the top of her head with something.

"Take it." He says, "return it by lunch."

Gaeul takes the book quietly and bows, quickly returning to her class just in time for the teacher to enter the class.

She flips through the pages of the textbook, and there falls a pink note from the page where she stopped at.

Gaeul picks up the note and reads the words on it.

"Meet me at the back of the school by 3."

• • • • •

Mingyu was nowhere to be seen during lunch, so Gaeul decided she would return the textbook to him once school was over. She walked to a secured spot behind the school like she was told to, wondering why Mingyu had called her out.

'Maybe it's good that he confessed,' Gaeul thought, Jisoo's words ringing in her ears.

The moment Gaeul's feet stopped walking was when the textbook dropped from her hands in shock, eyes focused on two familiar figures as she felt a churning sensation in her stomach.

It couldn't be.

Mingyu was there, another girl was too, and to Gaeul's disbelief, they were kissing.

The burn in her stomach felt even worse and worser, as she walked up to the tall male and seperated the both by his collar. Gaeul gives him a look of disbelief.

"What?" Mingyu asks innocently, "I was just kissing."

Gaeul didn't have the heart fo talk ㅡ well, she did have a heart, and feelings, and whatever she was feeling at that moment, it was the feeling of betrayal.

"You…how could you.." Gaeul's lips quivered as those words left her mouth. Mingyu rolls his eyes.

"It was just a dare, okay? It wasn't anything serious, that confession the other day. Damn I can't believe dumbasses like you could even fall for that. No wonder nobody likes you-"

Mingyu's words were cut off by Gaeul's palm, the contact that her palm made against his cheek was nothing but like a slight pinch to him. The feeling of not being able to be strong or tough at these times were the worse for her.

"You're horrible,"  Gaeul hangs her head low, and shoves his textbook to Mingyu's chest. She didn't care anymore. She knew she shouldn't have trusted him. Though to her, Mingyu's confession was just a spark that could make her life normal again, but oh how carekess she was ; the spark died just like that.

Gaeul slammed her locker shut, her tears that were threatening to fall were betrayed by her feelings.

Gaeul knew everything was a lie. She should've known better.

And Jisoo, who was watching her from above, knew everything tht happened on that day.

---------------------------

HEY HEY HEY

smh mingyu u fucked up son

Im writing this on mobile and my laptop is 1 meter away and im too lazy to get up so pls dont mind the shitty spacing and editing

I'll edit this another time ;)

- Cee