26

"You shine like the stars, you light up my heart."

------------------------------------------

"You are not going to cross this line."

"I won't let you." Minghao warns, his own eyes burning with some sort of emotion that was unknown to the eyes of the girl. Anger? Frustration? Gaeul doesn't know. Perhaps a little bit of hesitance in his voice if she were to be correct. Minghao was furious, and it showed from the veins that popped as he gripped onto the rope so tightly; so tight that you'd think he was about to fall off the bridge.

The wind did not make her waver. In fact, Minghao thought, that the way her hair blew in the wind and her eyes that gleamed with determination reminded him of his own mother, a long time ago. And he knows well enough that his mother doesn't back off very easily. Especially not in an argument.

So does this girl.

"You're going to fall." Minghao says warily, eyes darting from Gaeul's feet to the continuously swaying bridge. "Don't do it. Don't you dare."

"So what if I do?" Gaeul takes a bold step forward, and Minghao almost loses everything; he almost steps forward to rescue her, almost rushes to push her back to safety.

"You think I'd let you leave on your own? You even skipped jam duty! Twice!  What the hell is going on here?" Gaeul almost yells at him, and though they weren't too far apart from each other, her voice echoed through the dark. It tore the silence like the swift movement of a blade, slicing through the air.

"Oh screw that; why did you follow me here?" Minghao is outraged as to how the girl had managed to walk through the forest with a pair of the castle slippers, eventually losing them midway and transitioning to walk barefoot.

Gaeul takes another step forward. She would run if she could. If only the bridge wasn't so on edge.