18

"Things used to be so different when you were here."

+++

People were dressed in black. Black dresses, blouses, coats, even shoes. It was the day when people mourned over a random nobody's death, although to Gaeul, that nobody was her last family ever existing in her life.

Gaeul trudged slowly behind four men carrying a coffin. In her hand were two picture frames. One was her mother's.

Another was Chan's.

Of course, Chan wasn't dead. She believed it herself. But to the real world, Chan was. Her other aunts and cousins assumed that after being missing for so long, they consider it as suicide.

Gaeul couldn't protest anything. She couldn't have said that Chan left for Neverland, could she?

Mingyu was there too, smartly dressed in black. He was washed with guilt for doing something like that to her, and once he's realized the situation that her family's in, he understands.

Gaeul looked up at the van in front of her, the four men pushing the coffin inside. Her vision was sometimes blurry but they quickly became clear again.

To her, everything felt like it escalated too fast.

The van left, and she couldn't bear to go to the burial grounds. She just couldn't. Let her aunts do that.

Her family ; they were never in good terms. Her mother seemed distant from all her other sisters due to financial issues, and her sister never seemed to like Gaeul's father. Her aunts badmouthed her mother, saying that she had mental issues and put a wall between all of them.

Which is why Gaeul never likes her aunts.

Gaeul walks back inside to get shelter from fhe rain. It was a bad decision indeed.

People were chattering. This always happens during funerals. Once a person dies, then you finally appreciate them. Then you'll finally realize how their existence was important. Then you'll finally forgive the person for all the troubles they've caused.

Gaeul would prefer to stay drenched in the rain rather than listen to these people insult her life.

"Is she going to live alone now?"

"The kid doesn't deserve this."

"I heard her mom was sick."

Shut up.

"Her mother was crazy about seeing her son flying often, she was getting treatment on her hallucinations."

Shut up, please.

"I heard that there might be a possibility that this was suicide."

"Poor girl, I pity her."

"Shut up!"