8

"There are times when I yearn for you, but I can't."

----

"You...you can see me?"

Those words that came out of his mouth was enough to startle Gaeul, as she retreated from her telescope, eyes still focused on the moon.

"Hey don't be scared, it's okay."

Gaeul shivers, the voice was so dangerously mellow and sweet, so beautiful that it actually made her ears turn red from embarrassment. 

Like Gaeul, Jisoo was as nervous too. It was their first time communicating. 

"I can hear you," Gaeul mumbles softly, and Jisoo never felt his cheeks heat up so hot despite the freezing cold temperature on the planet he was on.

There was a moment of silence between the two, as they just stared at each other in disbelief, doubting what was really happening in front of them.

He looked beautiful.

She was gorgeous.

"I'm Gaeul," she starts.

"I'm Jisoo," He smiles at her "you're really pretty."

Another moment of silence.

"You...you're really living on the moon?"

Jisoo laughs at that question. The sound made her ears turn even redder ; and it wasn't even the cold weather. His laugh rang in her ears, a soft, low chuckle.

"I am the man in the moon after all. Thanks for this, by the way." He shows her the silver metal piece.

Gaeul just smiles.

"Thanks for saving me the other day, too."

"Couldn't let a pretty girl like you get hurt."

Gaeul pauses for a while and wonders if she was really talking to him, or if this was a dream.

And he called her pretty.

"Y-yeah well, I guess that's enough for tonight," Gaeul scratches the back of her neck nervously "I'm embarrassed to talk to you."

Jisoo laughs again, at how honest the girl was, "I get the feeling. We've been dying to talk to each other, and it's finally happening."

"That's because I believe in you."

"I'm happy you do."

"Goodnight," Gaeul tells him, a yawn leaving her lips, and Jisoo waves in reply.

It was like she was somewhere in between dreaming and reality, a situation so magical it felt surreal.

But she realized all that she heard and saw on that night while talking to the moon was true.

And Jisoo dims the moonlight to let the girl sleep in peace.

This was what he's been waiting for.

He's finally talking to her.

"Goodnight, Gaeul."

-----------------------------------

I'm finally updating this holy shit yes

The feels are back lmao

:D

- Cee