2

" Take me to the galaxy, "

× × ×

He knew about her.

She was the human that he's been observing this whole time. It actually made him feel less lonely and warm, knowing that someone actually believed in him.

It gave him a little ; if not a little maybe a tiny spark of hope that he would have the chance to go back to earth.

He was no astronaut or alien. He himself doesn't know, how did he become 'The Man in The Moon'?

He just woke up finding himself trapped inside the moon, cold and alone and it made him scared, what if he dies in the cold?

And let me tell you, the clothes that he had on weren't the type to keep him warm. It was a white tee along with jeans, and that was what he's been wearing this whole time.

The moon wasn't as bad as he thought, he found out that melting the lumps of ice kept him warm, and he shaped a few moonstones into a small home ; with just a bed and a chair.

The first few weeks on the moon were horrible, he was so bored that he thought he might actually die.

It took him weeks to think of what to do. There was nothing on the moon and he was alone. Surprisingly, living his life as the man in the moon never once made him hungry or thirsty. It suits his situation ; nothing on the moon was alive but him.

His new hobby was watching over humans. He gained interest in them, and wondered if he was human too. 

Was he? He had the same facial features as the rest of them. He had the same body parts and the same skin. Only that his looked paler than other humans'.

He learned that humans eat and drink, which was slightly different from him. And that the sunlight was one of the main needs for humans, since it was their main source of energy.

He mused ; why would someone like him be situated in a cold place like the moon? Why wasn't there someone in the sun?

Tired of thinking, he gave up. He decides to go on with his life, living the same life everyday. Watching humans head out to work in the morning, then controls the light of the moon and makes sure that every spot on earth is at the very least dimly lit when night falls.