1

" I love you, to the moon and back. "

×××

The school bell rings and she was the first to dart out of the school gates, running through the crowd to get home.

Her heart was pounding ever so loudly, the adrenaline rush through her veins were running faster than any other fast object in the world. She was excited.

It's today.

She swung the door open to her room and puts her bags away, sitting on her desk and stares at all the papers and pictures of the moon pasted on the wall in front of her.

The moon had always been her interest ever since she was young - she wondered how the moon had different faces everytime it changed. She wondered how the moon changes everyday.

The girl always dreaded that one night, the night of the new moon. The moon was nowhere to be seen and she felt uneasy at the sight of just stars painting the night sky.

But tonight, was her favourite night of all nights.

It was the night of the full moon.

She adored the sight of the full moon. The moonbeam shines down on earth, and the fact that it wasn't too bright like the sun or too dark just like the night sky made her think that the moon was perfect. The moon was her favourite.

She fell in love with the moon.

There was one thing about the moon that she believes in - the man in the moon.

Based on other stories, the man in the moon was just about the moon that looks like it had it's own face.

But based on what she thinks, the man in the moon was the man who looks after all of us, who lights up the night sky to make us feel safe and secured, who flashes its' moonbeams through children's windows as they sleep - keeping them away from danger and darkness.

People thought she was weird. Yes, that was basically the reason why she had no friends at school.

But she didn't mind. For a weird girl like her, she's pretty strong.

Tragic stories in of her past were normal for her. Her parents divorced, and her little brother Chan went missing without a trace - his window left open by midnight.

It was the moon who helped her to get back on her feet. On the night her parents had their last fight, she was sobbing so loudly. It was the same night Chan had dissapeared. She was alone.

On that night, the moon shone brighter than usual that it actually blinded her eyes. The brightness diverted her attention.

And what was portrayed on the moon was a face. Smiling, with a small tear that escaped from it's eye.

It was like the moon understood what it felt like to be lonely.

The girl was very thankful for that.

Exactly at midnight, she snuck out of her window and climbed to the highest tip of her roof, with a piece of card tied to three balloons.

The moon was shining so bright tonight and it was so beautiful. It was the perfect time to thank him, the man in the moon.

With a deep breath she lets go of those three balloons, watching as they fly up high to the sky.

She knows the letter won't reach him somehow, but wishing wouldn't hurt right? She was just thankful.

"Thank you for still shining ever so brightly, even during my darkest times."

-------------------------------------

I just got very attached to this fic help me

Idk i like this concept

And im updating a bunch of chapters at once so i dont lose my feels for this fic

I think i wont delete this fic since i like it :'>

- Cee