𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀.

Season three, episode eight:

Human Nature - Part one.

- ~ -

"Get down!" Screamed the Doctor.

Reckless abandon consumed the three travellers as they burst into the Tardis, throwing themselves out of the way, only just avoiding the laser beam that shot towards them, so close to being their deaths.

Lynnette's chest heaved, her heart thundering wildly in her chest as she spat out her words,  unbridled anger flaring in her eyes, "I'm going to burn a bitch!"

The Doctor slammed the Tardis door closed, rushing over to his love, frantically grasping her shoulders as he rapidly questioned, "Did they see you or Martha?"

Lynnette shrugged and Martha huffed with exhaustion, "We don't know!"

A groan fell from the Doctor's lips as he questioned again, more urgency in his voice, "Did they see you?!"

"We don't know!" Exclaimed Lynnette, throwing her hands up, "We were too busy running from laser guns!"

The Doctor huffed, hands moving to clutch Lynnette's face as he all but gasped, "Lynnette, it's important. Did they see your faces?"

Lynnette glowered, hearing yells draw nearer, "If they did they would be running for the fucking hills."

A brief relief flooded through the Doctor's face as he raced towards the Tardis console, frantically flicking switching and pulling levers. Lynnette stared at him for a moment and knew he had a plan in his mind, a terrible plan but a plan that would work. It had to.

"Off we go," Breathed the Doctor hastily, slamming his hand down on a button.

A loud beeping sounded through the Tardis and Lynnette snapped to grab the monitor, eyes darting across it as she let out a furious hiss, "The cunts are following us!"

Martha stared at the pair with wide eyes, fear beginning to build like a tidal wave, "But you've got a time machine!"

The Doctor ran around the console and briskly explained, "They've got stolen technology. They took a Time Agent's Vortex Manipulator. They can follow us wherever we go. Across the universe. They won't stop. Unless...I'll have to do it."

Suddenly it clicked.

Lynnette recalled one of those many late nights the two shared, in one of their beds, talking about anything and everything. She remembered how the Doctor talked about loads of things the Time Lords created, including something used only in desperate measures.