𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲.

𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀.

Season three, episode ten:

Blink - Part one.

- ~ -

Lynnette turned sharply, her heart squeezing.

Her breath picked up, and every instinct in her body screamed at her that something was terribly, terribly wrong. She could feel her skin prickling with the gaze of someone, or something.

It felt predatory and dark. 

She felt like she was being hunted.

"Lynnette...?" Questioned Martha quietly as the trio crept through the winding hallways, "What's wrong? You're so quiet."

"I'd rather be a silent mouse than be the one then gets caught by the cat," Whispered Lynnette, orange eyes piercing the night as she looked for whatever was looking at her.

A small snort came from the Doctor, "What's that meant to mean?"

Lynnette sent him a sharp, warning look, "It means that something sees an opportunity and it's going to take it."

Martha took a shuddered breath, "Lynnette, why do you make everything sound so scary?"

"I'm not making everything I say scary. Your subconscious knows what I'm saying is true. Somethings watching us, waiting for us," Lynnette murmured, looking behind her but she could see no movement in the thick shadows behind them, "And blame the Doctor for making us come here at night."

"Oi," Pouted the Doctor with wide eyes.

Martha shook her head in amused agreement, "She's got a point, what kind of person decides it'd be fun to walk around an abandoned house in the middle of the night?"

"Thank you," Lynnette hummed, glaring suddenly at the creaks coming from the grinning trees. They seemed to loom over the trio, almost mocking them for their foolish choices.

The Doctor huffed softly, "You're the one that said you wanted to see ghosts, Martha."

"Yeah, I meant famous hauntings like the Tower of London. Not a random house that's been left to rot in the middle of a forest," Snapped the woman lightly, shifting closer to Lynnette.

Lynnette smiled softly, "Just so you both know, the first thing  that jumps out in front of us is going to be burnt."

The Doctor snorted and rolled his eyes teasingly, "Oh, is that your answer to everything? Lighting everything on fire."

Lynnette rose a brow, "I thought you liked it when I set your body on fire?"

"What?" Martha furrowed her brows, "How does that even make sense?"