𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲.

Season four, episode five:

The Poison Sky - Part One.

- ~ -

Donna frantically banged on th door, "He's gonna choke! Doctor!"

Lynnette just kept smashing her elbow into the door, ignoring the pain that shot through it, with each hit a sharp sensation coursed through her arm, festering in the shoulder that had yet to fully heal despite her increased healing abilities.

"It won't open!" The Doctor exclaimed, using his sonic screwdriver to try and dismantle the ATMOS system in the blue car.

Suddenly, Lynnette turned to see Silvia striding towards the front window of the car, axe held in tightly in her hands as she swung it as hard as she could. The blade of the aze buried itself into the window and with a particularly forceful yank, it was pulled out and the glass shattered completely.

Donna stared on in bewilderment. 

"Well don't just stand there!" She exclaimed sharply, "Get him out!"

Lynnette nodded her hand and shifted, grabbing the man's hands, "You're gonna have to come out this way."

With great levels of collaboration, the girls managed to pull the old man out of the car. Immediately, Donna hooked his shoulder around his arm, intent on getting him inside and away from the topic fumes.

"Thank you," Wilf murmured quietly, coughing.

"I can't believe you've got an axe!" Donna exclaimed, sending a look to her mother.

She only shrugged in response, "Burglars."

"Wait until she finds out about the axes we've got," Lynnette muttered.

The Doctor clicked his tongue, "We escaped execution, I think taking the axes we were going to be executed with was the least we deserved."

Lynnette tilted her head as a car stopped behind them, "Ross is here."

He nodded, briefly turning his attention to Donna, "Get inside, try to close off doors and windows."

"And be safe!" Lynnette chimed as she ushered Donna and her family towards their home.

"Doctor, Lynnette!" Ross called as they ran towards him, "This is all I could find that hasn't got ATMOS in it.

"Donna, you coming?" Chirped the Doctor as he took Lynnette's hand into his own. The smoke reminded him of the ash on Gallifrey.

"Yeah!" Donna nodded immediately as she pushed her family into the hallway of her famialr home.

Her mother stared at her with wide, bewildered eyes and gasped, "Don't go. Look what happens every time the Doctor appears! Stay with us, please!"