𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲.

𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗠𝗲.

- ~ -

Lynnette rolled her shoulders as she slowly pulled herself onto her seat, exhaustion seeping deep into her bones. Her bedwear lay on the edge of her bed but she made no move towards it gaze fixated on her reflection. In her underwear, there was nowhere to hide from the damage. Nowhere to hide from the scars.

She let out a soft breath and she suddenly despised how she looked. 

No longer was she that girl who strived to be as perfect as her sister, dressed in frilly dresses and decorated with porcine skin that never seemed to be her own. She knew it was though, the itchiness of her flesh was far too strong to be ignored. Her hand tremored and she grimaced.

Water dripped from her hair, down her arms. Not even a cold shower was able to shake the feeling that twisted in her gut. Lynnette didn't want to be like this, she hated this empty, aching feeling that tore at her chest. She didn't want to be like this. She hated it. Hated herself sometimes. Maybe it was guilt, maybe it was resentment,  maybe it was grief, she didn't know, she just knew that something had begun to twist her view of herself.

She was a monster hidden beneath human skin.

And she wanted nothing more than to tear out of it.

The door quietly squeaked open.

She didn't look to find out who had entered. She didn't need to. She knew his footsteps like she knew her own, they echoed in her mind sometimes, rooted in the deepest parts of her, even deaf, she would know them by their vibrations. 

The Doctor was silent as he moved towards her.

She never moved.

He took a seat behind her, it was easy considering she was only just perched on the edge of her own, there was more than enough room for him to slip in behind her. Still, he was hesitant to touch her, only a few centimetres away. To him, it was like being kilometres away.

He wetted his lips and spoke softly, "Lynnette."

She barely even hummed. Fixated on the burning orange eyes that her own. She didn't even remember what she looked like with brown eyes anymore. She couldn't remember all the times she and Rose had sat in front of the mirror, comparing their hair and eyes, laughing at the fact they could actually pass as sisters. No one would ever think they were sisters now. No one would know they were sisters, actually.

"Firefly," The Doctor rasped quietly, whispered endearment causing a shiver to travel down Lynnette's spine.

"Yes?" She murmured, eyes flickering to his briefly. Those molten brown eyes almost threatened to melt her in an instant. In certain lights his eyes almost looked like caramel, rich and sweet, in other lights, they looked like bronze speckles of stardust, allusive and magnificent, she loved every look his eyes took on.