𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲.

Season four, episode three:

Planet of the Ood - Part Two.

- ~ -

As they ran, Lynnette noticed that suddenly Donna wasn't with them anymore and couldn't stop the hiss that left her lips, "Shit."

The Doctor skidded to a halt a moment after Lynnette, looking around with wide eyes, "Where has she gone?"

Lynnette shrugged just as she heard the thumping of more footsteps and grabbed the Doctor's hand, pulling into another run just as guards rounded the corner, yelling, "Stay where you are!"

"Bugger off!" Lynnette responded sharply as she and her partner sprinted away from the guards as quickly as they could, they'd rather not get caught.

Distantly, Lynnette heard Donna's angry shrieks echo across the containment and groaned, knowing she had already been caught. As they darted down a long walkway, the Doctor yelled out, "Donna, where are you?"

And then Lynnette heard the droning sound.

She really shouldn't have looked up. 

Because when she did she saw the giant mechanical claw from earlier darting towards them, no doubt intent on murdering them. A yelp left her lips as the speed of it increases, the grinding of gears growing louder and louder with each second the closer it got to them. 

"What the─" The Doctor cut himself off as he looked behind him, starting with wide eyes at the claw. Now that wasn't something he expected in any way shape or form.

"Stop looking and keep running!" Lynnette exclaimed as she yanked the man forward, keeping a tight, secure grip on his hand, she wasn't losing him in anyway shape or form. The Doctor clutched her hand in response, making it perfectly clear that he wasn't going to lose her either.

The claw lurched downwards, narrowly missing the pair as it scraped across the floor, the sound horrid in Lynnette's ears, twisted and monsterous, akin to the sound of chalk on a blackboard. Lynnette felt her heart skip a beat, speeding up in fear, whoever was controlling her claw was deranged, bloodlust flowing through their veins.

They snapped around a corner, trying to navigate the complex maze of shipment containers while the claw stormed around above them, almost like an executioner preparing to bring down his blunt and bloody axe.

Again, the claw came down and Lynnette could feel the tremor the ground made when it slammed into the concrete. The breaths left her lips short and laboured now, they were too many things happening. They were being chased by a murderous claw, they had lost Donna and they still needed to help save the Ood.