𝐁𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗕𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀.

Season three, episode nine:

The Family of Blood - Part one.

- ~ -

Lynnette would've said that her heart was thrashing wildly in her chest but she knew it wasn't true. Her heart was steady, not once crying out or bleeding in fear. She was almost entirely unafraid. She had been in so many near-death situations that it had become something akin to familiarity.

And currently, even with a gun pointed at her head, the fire flared, read for the furious command to come. And, oh, Lynnette was furious.

"Make your decision, Mr Smith," Hissed Jenny without hesitance, the person who had taken her over had no fear of the blood on her hands.

John only stared, eyes so incredibly wide they looked like diamonds.

Baines tilted his head, leaning so close to Lynnette she could feel his breath on her cheek, "Perhaps if that human heart breaks, the Time Lord will emerge.

And suddenly, a loud ticking filled the room, fast and hammering. A familiar, though distant voice echoed throughout the room.

"Time Lord..."

Lynnette had no clue about who had the watch but they certainly knew how and went o use it because, at that exact moment, when the excitement had taken over Baines, she made her move. Swiftly, she elbowed him in the stomach, fingers twitching for the fire - but she held back. 

Never reveal your hand too early. 

The gun found its way into her hands and so did Jenny.

She had no fear of blood getting on her hands and Lynnette didn't either.

The ticking stopped and the tables had turned. 

Lynnette had her arm around Jenny's neck and a gun pointed towards Baines, eyes burning. Gasps flooded through the room as people tried to cower further away. Lynnette Woods, the maid with a tongue sharper than a blade.

"One wrong move and I'll shoot you," Warned the woman easily, glare set on Baines.

Baines grinned, "Oh, the maid is full of fire!"

The fire flared in agreement.

Lynnette smirked, "Yeah, far too hot for you to handle. Now, such up!"

She shot the ceiling in warning, never once moving her gaze from Baines. Two predators engaged in a battle, circling one another, just waiting for the kill shot.