𝐅𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲.

𝗙𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱.

Season three, episode thirteen:

Last of the Time Lords - Part Three.

- ~ -

Lynnette was instantly suspicious when two solider's entered her room, claiming the Master wanted her. He never let anyone into the room and she knew something was happening, something big.

She kept her chin high as the doors opened into the familiar control room where everything had gone to complete and utter shit. Her eyes first found Martha's family, physically safe and she sighed in relief. Then, her eyes found Jack, covered with dirt and time and dried blood but still alive. Then, despite how different he looked, impossibly small and frail and old, she saw the Doctor.

She clenched her jaw the moment the Master spoke, "How does it feel to be back here?"

"How does it feel to know I want to kill you," Lynnette hissed.

The Master shrugged, "You already tried."

The silence thickened, and the eyes on Lynnette became shocked. She had tried to kill the Master? When? No one heard anything about any injury or loud fight. No one could have even guessed that Lynnette would try to kill him.

"Foolish girl," Muttered an all too famialr voice.

Lynnette's eye twitched.

A laugh came from the Master, "Careful, Richard, she's quite angry at you. One wrong move and I think she might actually crack your skull in with her hands."

"Want to be my first attempt?" Lynnette snapped at the Matser, glaring hatefully.

The Master rolled his eyes, and yanked Lynnette towards, "Now, now, dear, you can't act that way in front of your friends. Especially the one you gave up your freedom for."

Lynnette froze, "No."

And the doors opened once again. In came Martha Jones. She wore a black military outfit, her hair slicked back into a bun and a cold look in her eyes that only lighted when she looked at those she loved.

"Your teleport device," The Master demanded, stretching out his hand, "In case you thought I'd forgotten."

Martha threw it to him.

He smiled, "Now. Kneel."

Lynnette glowered, "Fuck off."

The Master sent her a sharp look, "I'm not asking you," Martha did as he asked, "Down below, the fleet is ready to launch. 200, 000 ships, set to burn across the universe. Are we ready?"