Chapter 7

Harry shifted his gaze away

Harry shifted his gaze away. Something about his voice and the way he looked at him, gave him the impression there was a deeper meaning behind to his questions.

I'm 35.." He simply replied.

"How old did you get pregnant with Dave?"

"I was 19.."

Slowly the atmosphere started to shift between them again when an awkward silence happened and Javadd gave him a side stare gaze.

"The father.. Where is he now?" He asked, the voice becoming deeper.

"His.. He died, a long time ago." He looked down as he couldn't collide his stare at him. It's hard to answer his question when he looks exactly like the person he is asking.

Javadd can't help but whiff when he finds out that he is a widow. For some reason, he felt solace.

Harry stood up and decided to check Davon in his room before everything gets more awkward.

"I-I better check Dave in his room, Mr. Javad if you-"

"Just call me Z.."

"What?"

Javad stood up as he tossed his cigarette on the ground. "My real name is Zain Javadd Malik. You can call me Z."

He smiled and nodded. Trying to ignore how he pronounced his name, which sounded like 'Zayn'. He extended his hand to give him a friendly handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Z. I'm Harry Edward Styles, you can call me whatever you want." He giggled.

"Harry.. I'll just call you Harry." He replied and accepted his hand.

Both flinch when their palm touched and felt the warmth of their skin. Harry immediately withdraws.

"It's getting late; just let Dave know I'll be going now.."

Harry gave him a quick glance as he nodded. He watched him walk away in front of the door. And when he heard the gate close, he instantly plopped on the sofa and let go a deep breath. It's like his lungs appear to be breathing normally again. Earlier is so intense and full of awkwardness, and he could feel Z also sense it as well.

After he went home, he decided to talk to his son tomorrow and apply what Z advised him. Giving Dave the benefit of the doubt to go with his own plan without his interference.

Past 10 p.m. he went to his room and prepared to go to bed. But his thoughts are still on someone else. It feels like he went back 17 years ago. Up until now, he still can't believe he would meet someone who looks exactly like Zayn. When he sits next to Dave, they look like brothers.

But the part that he can't erase in his mind is the way he looked at him. His deep brown eyes, make him nervous. The same feeling he got when Zayn was still alive. He let out a sigh. There are those nights when he thinks about his past with Zayn, and the night becomes sleepless. This night is definitely included.

Two days have passed since Z visited his home

Two days have passed since Z visited his home. He hasn't heard anything about him from his son since then. It was as if he had never encountered that person. He wanted to ask Dave about him but it would sound so weird to suddenly ask someone he had only met once. Until now he can't seem to forget his face and it's still stuck in his head.

The good thing is, Davon is starting to have a positive attitude at school. He also noticed that he started to talk about new people he met at school and new friends, which is a good sign that he is beginning to adjust to the new environment. He's also starting to get busy with his practice. So most of the time he's alone in the house.

==============================

It was Saturday afternoon when he decided to do some groceries. Dave was not at home yet so he planned to buy something for their dinner later. He grabbed his phone and noticed there were 5 missed calls with the same number that kept calling him. He sighed and decided to change his phone number this time.

Around 3 p.m. Harry parked his car at the Westside Market. He only grabbed his key and wallet and went out to his car. He paused when a familiar voice called him. He turned around and gasped when he saw Adrian. The person who give him a drug.

He immediately stepped back and attempted to open his car.

"Adrian?! What are you doing here-" He looked around to check if anyone else was nearby in case this person will do something stupid again.

"Are you stalking me?!-stay back! Don't come any closer!" He shouted.

The guy smiled at him. "I never thought I could see you here Harry, what a small world ended." Then he attempt to grab his arms, he pushed him and stepped back. "Why are you acting like this? I'm really not a bad guy."

"His eyes widened in disbelief. "Not a bad guy? You druged me, you jerk! did you forget that?!"

"That's because you're being hard to get." He chuckled and spread his arms as if he was offering a hug with him. "Relax, okay? I also feel bad about what I did. I just came here to talk." He said with a smirk in his face.

He shook his head. There are no more words from this man that he wants to believe anymore. He clearly has a reason for coming here. To think he travels from Hawaii to New York just to talk? Who would believe that?

"No, there's nothing for us to talk about." He said, glaring at him. "I want you to stay away from me. I don't wanna talk to you, I don't want to see your face. I let it pass off what happened before, for the sake of my son's peace of mind, I don't want to complicate things so I forgive you. But if you won't stay away from me, I will definitely call the police!" He shouted as he greeted his teeth looking at him. Then he turns around and walks away leaving the man speechless.

He's scared but his also furious for having the audacity to show his face in front of him after what he did. He simply cannot believe he would follow him to New York. To be honest he almost falls in love with that guy. He shows him the things that he loves and becomes his shoulder to cry on.

Not knowing that his been planning to do something to him that would make him his worst nightmare. It was the most terrifying thing that happened to him.

After his done doing the groceries, he went to one of the restaurants that he owns and did some quick checks for his employees. It's already past 6 p.m. and already dark when he finally went back to his car. But before he can open the front seat, someone pushes him forcibly from behind and he drops his key to the ground.

Then a strong hand vigorously cover his mouth as he tried to scream. He got cold creeps when the person spoke behind his ears and lick his cheeks.

"..I said I just wanna talk.."