Chapter 23

While driving his motorcycle, Zain couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier at the store

While driving his motorcycle, Zain couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier at the store. He is hoping that it's just his imagination that he smells liquor in Dave's breath. He is under age, and also driving alone in his car. He can't help but feel worried for the boy.

Suddenly, he saw smoke not too far away from the lane where he is taking. He stopped and notice it's coming from the thick bushes beside the road. He got nervous. That part of the road has no light so it's really impossible to tell what it was. So he stop and decided to check.

But as he gets closer and slowly identifies the shape of the car, he immediately got panicked. He ran towards it and checked the plate number.

He clenched his hair. "Fuck!" It was Daves's plate number.

"Dave!" He shouted, hoping his just nearby. He got struck with guilt. Dave was upset with him earlier and his under influence of alcohol because of what he found out.

"Dave, where are you?!"

He didn't received any response, only the silence and the darkness is present in the area. He immediately dialed Harry's number and told him about Dave's car. As what he expected, Harry went hysterical.

"Harry listen. You have to calm down.." He took a deep breath. He's also trying to calm himself down. "I will give you the address of Dave's car location then, call the police again and tell them that he was in an accident; I will wait here and continue to look for him," He explained while Harry is weeping the other line.

After they were done talking, he went back to the car and started to check inside but he became confused. His backpack, his jacket, and his extra shoes, even the key of the car are still there. Clearly, there was no forced entry. This is when he became suspicious. Although the car was badly damaged, it was only at the back of the truck. He paused and tried to process the situation.

If this is a car accident or hit-and-run, Dave should be inside the car or close by, and if this has to do with rubbery, then his things should not be present. But that was not the case; Dave is nowhere to be found, and there was no blood. And his things are still intact inside the car.

"Dammit! Where the hell are you?!"

Suddenly he remembers Harry said to him before, that their cars are equipped with CCTV inside and audio. He quickly went back to the car. He manages to turn the car on and check the records of his CCTV. The footage is fuzzy but only the start of the video; soon, he finally saw what really happens. From where Dave's car was hit, to where  the 4 guys appeared and approached Dave.

But it was the other guy removing his hoodie and revealing his face that shocked him the most. His eyes widened and slowly clenched his jaw. His rage boiled over to the top of his head. Especially when he saw him threatening Dave with a gun.

"Jacob Kirkson.." He murmured. He got up and went to his motorcycle. He knows exactly where to go. The place where he used to live on those days that he was still in darkness.

He still remembers the place and the thick black gate of that mansion which he once called home

He still remembers the place and the thick black gate of that mansion which he once called home. It's been two years, but the place looks the same the last time he stepped out of this place.

He walk towards the black gate, he tried to calm himself down. He is aware the place is monitored with CCTV.

The gate opens and one of the guards approached. He tightens his fist, everyone inside already knows his there which is no longer a surprise.

The man removed his shades. "It's been a while Z.."

He slightly loosens. "Bob.." He gave him a friendly approached by giving him a hand shake. "..so you've been promoted.." He gave him a look and noticed he got one of the rings that represent what rank you've got.

He partly smiled at him. "Yeah, got the third rank.." He smiled back and accepted his handshake.

"Is he here?"

"Yes, his son is with him.."

"Good.."

He went inside and couldn't help but to feel the nostalgic. He knows everything in this place. He went to the main room and from the moment the door opened, the old man greeted him with his open arms as always and a genuine smile.

"Zain Javadd Malik!"

"Mr. Kirkson." He smiled back and they exchanged tight hug. This old man once he looked as a father. Until now nothing has changed, his respect and admiration never crumbles.

"How long has it been, Z? 3 years? 2?"  The old man asked.

He was initially hired as a body guard for Mr.Kirkson. Then he got impressed with how he worked that he gave him a position in his group. At a young age, he managed the entire group in Manhattan and he was also the youngest of his members. But everyone noticed that their boss had a special treatment towards him, it didn't take long for the other group to quickly begin to despise him.

"3 years, to be exact. How are you, sir?"

"Good.. I'm good. I say it was not the same when you resign, though." He smiled and slowly look at him seriously. ".. Are you in trouble?"

He sigh and look down. "Actually, I came here for your son."

He looked puzzled. "Jacob? Did he do something stupid again?"

He give him the chip from Dave's car with the record of his CCTV. "I'm not sure the reason but, your son abducted a teenage boy.."

The old man's expression gradually change. "That boy has given me nothing but problems these last few days," He greeted his teeth. He went to one of his bodyguards who is standing behind him. " Call Jacob.."  He said and he went out.

While they are waiting for his son, both of them watch the record. The old man didn't say any words but he could clearly see he was holding his anger as he watched his son in that video.

"I'm not sure where he took the boy, but his mother is worried sick right now.."

The man turned his head and gave him a look in the eye. "..seems to me this mother, has a special spot.." He was unable to finish what his going to say when the door opened and Jacob appeared in the door holding a can of beer.

"Dad, you call me —" Jacob gasped when he saw Zain in the room. "What the hell is he doing here?!" He shouted as he gave him a laser look. "That asshole is no longer part of the group! Why is he—!"

A resounding slap landed in Jacob's face coming from his father. "That asshole saved my life countless times and never gave me a headache, and you?!" He pulled his hair and slammed his face against the table. There's already blood at the corner of Jacobs lips. "After you got kicked out of your school and got caught doing drugs to one of my clubs, now this?!" He yank his hair and give him a strong blow in his gut.

Zain is standing at the corner watching how the leader of the gang didn't show any mercy to his own son. This is the reason why the group maintain the loyalty and discipline to his people. But what amazed him is how the old man kept his strong fist despite his age.