Chapter 22

Wheezing on the floor as Dave stopped hitting him

Wheezing on the floor as Dave stopped hitting him. He looked at him with blazing eyes, filled with rage. But none of his single strands of his strength wants to fight him back or dodged his fist. He accepted it all. He remains motionless seating on the floor. Feeling the numbness of his face and wiping the blood of his nose.

He has the right to be mad and he deserved to be punched. But that's only because of hiding it from him. He wants to correct his reasoning for saying his taking advantage of his mother. Both Harry and he knew none of it was true, but it was all about the mutual feelings they had from the very first day they met.

He waited for him to calm down before having a proper conversation with him. For now, he embraced his anger and accepted all of his insults.

"How long has it been going.."

Zain gave him a quick glance before he slowly stood up. Those punches really sapped a lot of his energy.

"I'll talk to you once you calm down, Dave; If that's not enough, then, you can continue hitting me; I'll only talk to you after you clear your mind."

"It depends on what you're going to say to me." He ran a hand in his hair. "I'll wait for you outside." Then he went out of the store.

Leaving Zain on the counter table feeling his entire face and body in pain. He reached for a tissue in the counter and wiped the blood from his mouth and in his nose.

After a few minutes, he went out and walked at the back of the store where Dave was waiting for him.

"I've had feelings for your mother since the first time I came to your place," He said as he began to have a conversation. "I didn't take advantage of him at all, Dave.."

Then he gave him a stern look in the eyes. "I'm in love with your mother."

He saw him clenching his jaw after he said that. But he continues. "I'll accept all your anger, and you can hit me again if you want.. But it won't change the fact of what I feel for your mom.."

Dave stared at him with clenching hands. "Have you ever looked at yourself, Z?" He gave him a tight lipped. "What could you possibly give to my mother with your current situation right now..?" Dave looked at him from head to toe with a disgust looked in his face. "You can't even barely sustain your own needs; let me ask you, how much do you earn a day?" Dave gave him a sarcastic chuckle when he knew he hit him hard with those words.

"Yeah.. Now you know.." He walked pass him and paused. He cast him a sideways glare. "Don't ever come near my mom again.." Then he walked away leaving his pride broken and humiliated.

Dave drove there more calmly now that he could say what he wanted to say

Dave drove there more calmly now that he could say what he wanted to say. He is aware that he went too far in insulting him, but his too furious about the things he discovers, especially Zain openly admits that he has feelings for his mom.

He turned his car back home. He wants to tell his mother that he already knew everything between them with Zain and that he does not approve of their relationship.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a pick up track crashed into the back of his car. The impact is so strong that the car almost flips in the air. Luckily, the airbag saved him from a direct hit on his head. He almost lost his consciousness due to the sudden hit and it took him a minute to gain his senses. He lifted his hand and felt a warm liquid running to his forehead. He was too shocked to move and his knees are shaking to  leave the car.

"Shit.." He murmured. Then he heard someone talking outside and noticed four men approaching his car. They don't appear to be there to help him. He eventually realized they were the people who had crashed his car. Suddenly, the guy wearing a jacket with a hoodie removed his mask. He gasped when he saw who it was.

"J-jacob.."

Jacob smiled at him. "Hello Mr. Styles. Did you miss me?" 

He clenched his jaw. "What do you want.. You could go to jail for doing this!"

"Do I look like I fuckin care?" He pulls a gun from his jacket and aim it in Dave's neck. "Now, get your ass out of the car before I put a hole in your throat."

==============================

Meanwhile, in Zain's apartment. Due to his swollen face, his boss decided not to let him work so he can take a rest. He didn't argued, since his really in so much pain.

Around 11 p.m., he arrived in his apartment carrying an ice pack. He slowly put it in the bruises around his stomach and his face. He also got a small cut in his lips and his left eye was also swollen. He slowly removed his clothes and lay down in the bed, moaning in pain. But all the pain in his body is nothing compared to the pain he felt from what Dave told him earlier. For the first time in his life, he had never felt so low.

He's always been alone, and he admits he did a lot of bad things in the past and even landed at the stage where he found himself on the street. He goes through the worst and darkest in his life when he enters the underground gang. He steals, does drugs and experiences what it feels to cut someone's life, those are the result of growing up without anyone beside him. But when he reaches the point of his life that he no longer recognizes himself in the mirror, that's where he decided to change.

His life has never been easy. He is aware that he got nothing and is nothing compared to Harry's life.
The only hope he has, is for Harry to know his sincerity, devotion and his unconditional love towards him. He would even catch a bullet for him, even for Dave's sake, despite how he hates him now.

He got startled when his phone rang. He looked puzzled when it was Harry. He never calls him at this time of night. He immediately answered it.

"Hey, babe? It's very late what—" He paused when he heard him crying in the other line. He quickly rose in the bed. "Harry? What happened? Why are you crying?"

"Z-zain, Dave isn't home yet and he's not answering my call..." He heard him sniffing. "I called his friend from school, he said he never attended his afternoon class.."

He looked at the time, it's 11:45 p.m., and it was around 4 p.m. that he confronted him earlier. So there was 8 hours gap that he was gone. He got to his feet and grabbed his jacket and shirt.

"Harry calm down, did you already inform the police about this?" He asked as he grab the key of his motorcycle and went out to the parking lot.

===============================

Davon Styles

Age: 17
Height: 6'1 ft
Favorite food: Fries / spicy foods
Sports: NCAA College Football Team in New York (Captain)
Girlfriend: None, but links to a lot of girls/boys in school
Interested: likes older woman