Chapter 26

A gentle smile showed on their faces as they watched their beloved nephew praying sincerely

A gentle smile showed on their faces as they watched their beloved nephew praying sincerely. His voice and the honesty of his prayers to spare the life of Zain, is like music to their ears.

"He is so much like our brother.." Gabrielle murmured.

In the kingdom of heaven, 3 guardians are watching below to the boy who is kneeling in the small church inside the hospital. His face is drenched with his tears as he tries to speak in his mind.

"I can't ignore his beseech.. This family went through a lot, a long with our brother, who accepted his punishment but received a second chance and got reincarnated.. Be that as it may, his life as a human has been nothing but misfortune and tribulations.. He has received too much grief.." Raphael said.

"I agree.." Gabrielle answered. "His happiness is no longer in this place, but to his family down there; it is pointless to bring him back if his no longer contented with his power and status."

Both of them looked at Micheal who is also with them in the room, looking below to the boy.

"Would you agree, Michael? You hold the final decision whether you let him die and let him go back, or listen to his prayer?" Raphael asked.

Micheal let go a deep breath before he answered them.

"..indeed.." He lifted his hand and a golden smoke circled on his palm. It was Zain's soul. "God loves his people, that's why He will test them.. He will measure your faith towards Him.. If you give up or continue to praise Him.."

Micheal slowly blows the golden smoke. The wind carried it down to earth.

"Our brother never failed to impress God.."

Micheal smiled at them. "Always remember, our God never gives us trials that we can't surpass.. It is only a test of how strong our faith is.."

===============================

Meanwhile, Harry stayed at the hospital and waited while he let Dave go home so he could take a proper rest after he's been treated for the wounds on his head and arms. It's been 4 hours since the operation started, he sees some nurses coming in and out from the room but never gave him any words on what's going on with Zain inside.

Finally, the doctor appeared at the door, and approached him.

"Are you with my patient?" The doctor asked as he took off his mask.

"Y-yes.." He immediately stood up. His heart is raising that he can almost taste it in his mouth. "H-how is he?"

The doctor let go a sigh. "Well, he's not out of danger yet, and all his vital signs dropped again in the middle of our operation earlier, he was dead for 10 minutes.. Miraculously, we were able to revive him. We immediately performed a blood transfusion since he lost more than half of his blood in his body."

The doctor looked at him.

"This is one of my operations that I could say, miracle really does happen.. We will be transferring him to the other room so you can visit him, we will also continue to monitor him around the clock."

He tried not to cry while watching Zain laying in the bed with those apparatus in his body and a ticking machine beside him to monitor his heartbeat

He slowly moved closer and sat beside his bed. He weeps quietly. Looking at him full of bruises and those traces of where the doctor had cut his skin, he couldn't imagine what kind of pain he went through.

He slowly held the tip of his finger.

"Since we met you.. You are always there to save us.." He bit his lower lip as he tried not to make so much noise. " Please.. Don't leave us.."

For the entire night, Harry stayed inside the room with Zain and in the morning, it will be Dave's turn to stay until the afternoon. They decided to have alternate schedules to watch over Zain. Harry also called his school and informed the university of what happened and they decided to give him a week of rest so he could fully recovered and still join the game.

The doctor also said they will monitor him for 3 days to check if there is any improvement in his body.

==============================

That morning, Harry went home and decided to visit Zain's apartment to check his place. It was Dave's turn to watch over Zain at the hospital.

When he opened the door, the smell of his cigarettes and his perfume is all over the place. He went inside and slowly close the door. He sat at the edge of the bed, looking around in that small apartment. It's been 4 days now that Zain is in the hospital and the doctor only sees a little improvement in his body. However, it is still a good sign that his slowly improving.

He smiled when he saw his clothes that had been neatly folded beside the bed. Then his eyes landed on his jacket on the table. He can still remember that he wears this when they first met. He grabs it and without thinking, he sniffed it. He didn't realize that his already crying while hugging the jacket in his chest.

This feeling is so similar of what he had been through with Davon's father. Every night, the only thing he could do to make him think he is still beside him is to hug the last clothes he wears when he died.

"..please, don't let me go through that again.." He murmured as he silently prayed. ".. I know I'm not one of your favorites.. If my future is to be alone forever and loving him is wrong.. I'll accept it.. Just let him survive.. Take away all his pain and removed him from suffering.. He is a good man with pure heart.."

He spends more time in Zain's flat and do some cleaning. Around 4 p.m., he receive a call from his son. He immediately answers it.

"Mom! You have to get in here quick!"

He gasped and quickly fell nervous of what his son was going to say about Zain's situation in the hospital. He's too nervous to even ask why. He took a deep breath.

"Dave.. What happen?"

"Z just woke up!"