Chapter 24

Jacob is now on the floor clenching his stomach while drenched by his own vomit

"You dare lie in front of me? When I saw the video myself!" He gave him another kick in the gut.

"Why-!" Jacob cough. "Why do you always treat me like this?! And you treat that asshole like he's your son!" Jacob leaned at the wall as he slowly stood up, clenching his stomach. "Ever since.. You've always had a soft spot for that motherfuck-"

He received another blow in his face and plopped back to the floor. "What do you expect me to do? Praise you for kidnapping a kid?! I don't have time with your drama bullshit, where's the boy?!" Mr.Kirkson is already losing his patience with his son.

Zain is still watching him on the floor, enjoying the sight of being tortured by his own father. And when their eyes meet, he can't help but to give him a smirk which makes Jacob more fuming.

This time Jacob finally provides the address of where they hide Dave. "We didn't hurt him.. We only gave him a little scare.." Jacob whispered while he keep on looking at the ground.

"Get your ass out of my sight!"

Jacob walked slowly out the door. But before he close it, he gave Zain a final look in the eye.

Mr. Kirkson approached him. " Z, on behalf of my son's behavior; I would like to apologize. Let me help you find the place; I can send you one of my people to help you-"

"It's alright sir, I know the place and I've already ruined your evening." He grabs his helmet. "It's good to see you again, Mr. Kirkson."

Before he exited the room, the man called him. "Z, if you need anything, you can always call me; you are always welcome here, but if you could, I don't want the police to involve in this.."

He nodded. "I know, sir. Don't worry and thank you for your help." He went out.

==============================

Zain immediately drove to the address and found himself in an abandoned warehouse. He took off his helmet and quickly went inside. Two youngsters approach him with a smug on their faces. He can't help but to roll his eyes at how these people looked so stupid for pretending to be in a gang, when they had no idea what a real gangster's job was.

He walked straight to them and when they were already close, he smashed them with his helmet, both fell to the ground. One of them pulls out a knife and attempts to stab him in his leg but he dodges it on time before he kicks him straight to the face, causing him to lose his front teeth. The guy shouted holding his bleeding mouth. The other guy stood up and attempted to run away.

"Where do you think you're going.."

He murmured before hurling his helmet at him and got hit straight at the back of his head. He fell back to the ground. Then he pull his hair and dragged him inside the warehouse.

"Tell me where's the boy?!"

"Fuck you, Malik! I ain't telling you shit!"

His jaw tightens. This is one of the reasons why he decided to stop doing this job. His patients are so weak that trying to negotiate with their enemy before has never been an option for him, and he ended up killing them instead.

He pulled his knife and at the drop of a hat, he stubbed him in his left shoulder, showing no emotion or hesitation in his face. The man shouted and cried in pain. His blood is dripping on the floor when he twists the knife before he pulls it.

"I'm not gonna ask you again.." He glared at him while his bleeding on the floor.

With his trembling arms he pointed at the corner of the warehouse where he saw a small rooms. He immediately ran towards it.

"Dave?! Are you here, kid?!"

"Z?! In here! I'm here!" Dave banged the metal wall with the chain on his wrist

"Z?! In here! I'm here!" Dave banged the metal wall with the chain on his wrist. He can't move since his tied up both hands and feet with medium size chain.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" Zain pressed his ear in the metal wall to hear his voice from the other side of the room.

"I-I'm not sure it's too dark in here and my left-hand feels numb.."

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here and send you back home," He went back to the guy lying nearby. He check for the keys of the door.

"Where's the key?!" He shouted and yanked his hair.

"J-jacob has it.." The guy whispered before he finally fainted.

"Shit.." He spat. He doesn't have a choice but to look for something to force open the metal door.

He looked around and saw a metal bar. "Dave, I want you to stay away at the door; this might take a while, I don't have the key."

"I-its okay.." Dave sniffed while listening to Zain banging on the door. He can't help but feel so hopeless and guilty for what he did to Zain, and yet here he is, saving him again by this people.

Zain heard him crying. "Dave, you're going to be fine; I'll send you back to your mom, okay? So just bear with me.."

"Z, I'm sorry for what I did.. I'm too naive to understand what's going on, I thought I could defend myself and acted like I knew everything, but I'm locked up in this dark room.." He weeps as he realizes how hopeless he is. A 17-year-old kid who knows nothing.

"Stop talking nonsense. I'm okay and I'm here."

Finally, the door gave in and Dave was able to see the light from the outside. He came to a halt when he looked up and saw Zain standing at the entrance; for a split second, he thought he saw him with wings.

"Hey, let me get you out of these chains," He said as he tried to use the metal bar again.

Dave gasped in horror when out of nowhere Jacob appeared at the door holding a gun in his hand. With his blazing eyes fixed on Zain, and with no ounce of hesitation, he pulled the trigger and shot Zain twice in the back.

"Noo!"

He saw in his eyes how Zain drop on his knee to the ground and clenched his teeth in pain. The echo of the gunshot and the blood that came out from Zain's white shirt that slowly stains the fabric, gave him an unexplainable shiver in his entire body, and when the gun aimed at his face, he trembled to the ground in fear.