Chapter 14 (Mature+)

Just an hour driving back home, when the weather suddenly changes

Just an hour driving back home, when the weather suddenly changes. It's 9 p.m and the wind suddenly got stronger and the rain got thicker. They can even hear the loud gasping of the wind every time it hits their car.

"What's wrong with the weather today?" Zain said as he tried to stare at the front of the road. "Can you still see anything? Do you want me to drive?" Zain asked as he could sense the nervousness on Harry's face while gripping the wheels tightly.

Harry is too nervous to answer Zain beside him. The road is totally pitch black and the only lights that make them see the road are the lights from his car. His not even sure if they are still on the right road. Fortunately, his car is equipped with an advanced driver-assistance system. From Blindspot Detector, to Automatic Emergency Brake, his car is the safest place against this heavy rain. However, due to the strong wind, they need to find a much safer place to stay for the night.

"Harry, stop the car. Let me drive," He said, he unbuckled his seatbelt so he could transfer to the driver's seat. He can feel the nervousness in Harry's ambiance, especially when he notices his trembling hands gripping the steering wheels. In his condition, he is no longer fit to drive.

Harry didn't argue with Zain, he obliged and immediately transferred to the front set.

"How many airbags does this car have?"

"Five, including at the back seats."

"Then transfer to the backseat, please."

"O-ok.."

Harry is sitting in the back seat holding his hands tightly while watching Zain take the wheels. Despite the bad weather and their situation, Zain maintains his composure and calm while driving.

"C-can we still go back or do we have to stop and look for a place to stay?" He asked. Unable to hide his trembling voice.

"Yes, it's much safer if we look for a place to stay; it's still an hour away from your place and this weather is getting worse." He simply stated. He knows the area and is a bit familiar with the streets. He used to work as a part-time truck driver before and this is where he usually headed. From what he remembered, there is a small motel close by. However, he is not sure if it still has available rooms for them to stay at these late hours.

He told Harry about the place and if it's okay to check if they still have available rooms. Harry immediately agrees. Unfortunately, when they arrived, the lady in the front desk said they only have one room available for tonight.

"I'm sorry, we only have one room available and it's a one-king bed." The lady smiled apologetically. "A lot of travelers are stopping by for the night due to bad weather. But I can provide you with an extra mattress."

Zain saw the hesitation on Harry's face. He approached him. "There's still another place in here that we can try but we need to make a left turn and it will take 30 minutes to get there from here," He informed.