Chapter 21

Meanwhile, Davon and Josh are standing in the corner of the hallway, where everyone begins to make a commotion

Meanwhile, Davon and Josh are standing in the corner of the hallway, where everyone begins to make a commotion. They went and checked, and saw Jacob and his underlings storming out of the campus and heading to their cars. He's no longer wearing his Leadership Jacket, which he always wore even outside the Academy and from the expression on their faces, anyone can tell they're all pissed.

"Mr. Styles?"

Both turned their heads when the secretary of the Director called him.

"Mr. Thurman wants to speak with you in the office right now."

"A-alright.."

"Hey, why is the Directors calling you again, Dave?" Josh asked.

He smiled and tapped his shoulder. "I'll tell you when I get back." Then he walked away leaving his friend confused.

==============================

When he arrived at the director's office, he saw Mr.Thurman standing in front of the glass window, holding a piece of paper. He is looking at Jacobs and his friends outside.

He sighs and forces a smile on him. "Terminating students has never been easy, Mr.Styles. But for the sake of peace and safety of the other students, I have to set aside some of the rules."

He didn't answer, but he gave him a look that says 'we understand you.."

"I received your email, so you already made up your mind?"

"Yes, a friend of mine is helping me to clear my mind yesterday, sir."

"Good," He handed him the paper he was holding. "Here in our academy, we have what we call a contract to every leader of the athletes' team, and we also offer privileges and a budget for both leaders and the team; not only that, since our school is also at the top of having an excellent records when it comes to games and players, we also provides scholarships to each of them.." He points at the paper in his hand. "Read everything in that paper, and make sure you understand what's written before you sign it."

He nodded and start reading the information. Then he immediately signs it. He gives back the contract to Mr.Thurman.

"Congratulations, you are now officially the new captain of your team, Mr.Styles." Then they shake hands.

Dave smiled widely. "Thank you, sir."

"Ohh- let's not forget your Leadership Jacket," Mr. Thurman grab the medium box and give it to him.

"Your coach will announce it to your team tomorrow. By then, you can start wearing that."

=============================

After the short meeting in the director's office, he immediately went home unannounced. He didn't call his mother as he planned to surprise him. He quickly went to his car and drove. He couldn't stop smiling and felt so overwhelmed. He keeps glancing at his Jacket that he put beside him while driving back home.

But he was unexpectedly surprised which makes him impulsively step the break of his car quickly and makes his smile slowly disappear. Not too far from him, he saw his mom and Zain went out in the house. Zain's arms are holding Harry's waist as they walk to his motorcycle. Zain is also holding what looks like a lunch box and both kissed each other as they bid goodbye.

He was so shocked that he didn't know what to do. Instead, he turned around and drove away.

Dave parked in an empty space near his school

Dave parked in an empty space near his school. He slams the door shut and paces outside while clenching his hand. He can't define what kind of level of anger he felt.

He felt so betrayed and deeply disappointed by Zain. But what makes him more furious is knowing nothing and being ignorant for not noticing the signs. He couldn't take it, he punched the back of his car and shouted. After a few minutes he went back to his car and drove away.

He saw a convenience store at the gas station, he pulled over and went to buy five cans of beer. He's not sure if it's because of his angry face that scared the lady and didn't ask for his I.D or because his too confident in holding those beers gives her the impression that he's over the age of 18. Whatever it is, it's a privilege for people who are gifted with a good body build.

This isn't the first time he's gotten away in buying a beer in a store without showing his I.D. Actually, this is the second time he done this. The first time he did this is when he realized they were moving to New York.

He went back to his car and spent an hour inside while drinking his beer. After he finished the last can of beer he drove away to go to Zain's working place.

=============================

His eyes went mere slits with tight-lipped staring inside the store where Zain is working. He parked his car outside, he was waiting for the last customer to leave before he decided to get inside and talk to him.

He immediately turned off the engine and went out of his car after the last person left the store. He walks straight inside the store and flips the sign from 'Open' to 'Close' and locks the glass door.

Zain immediately saw him and his face beamed. However it just added another layer of anger inside of him. Zain approached him with a wide smile on his face and was about to greet.

"Hey Dave! It's been a while —"

Clenched hand as he hardened his jaw, he greeted him with a solid punch in the face.

Zayn drops to the floor holding his burning cheek. He looks at him with confusion while trying to get up.

"It's been a while indeed, Z. Which makes me wonder how long you've been fooling me around—!" He gave him another blow on the other side of his face, but this time Zain held his ground.

Zain slowly wipes the small blood at the corner of his lips. And slowly looked at him.

"When did you find out.."

His rage is boiling on top of his head for not trying to hide his guilt, he didn't even try to lie about it. He simply asks it straight to his face.

He punched him again in the face and when he plunged to the ground, he kicked him repeatedly.

"How could you! I treated you as my brother! I trusted you! I even looked up to you! And this is what you gave me?! Taking advantage of my mother and sleeping with him?!"