Chapter 9

Zain is driving Harry's car going to his apartment

Zain is driving Harry's car going to his apartment. While on the road; Zain can't stop fidgeting, he is a bit nervous about how he might react to his place. His apartment is not that appealing and it's also located in a very random place in Manhattan. But everytime he steals a glimpse at him and sees his condition, all his hesitation would simply disappear. After 5 minutes of driving, they finally arrived at his apartment. He quickly went out of the car and assisted him in going inside the building.

The apartment only has 3 floors and his room is on the second, where they must take the stairs because the building does not have an elevator. Harry is having a hard time taking the stairs due to the bruises he got on his knee.

"We're almost there.. Just a little further.." Zain murmured, holding his waist and gave him a slight boost every time he lifted his legs.

Harry groaned when he couldn't take the pain in his knee any longer; he could already feel that it was already swollen and becoming uncomfortable with the pants that he is wearing, and Zain saw the struggle in his face.

"Stop," He said, unwrapping his arms around his waist and without warning, he lifted him up and carried him going to his room.

Harry gasped and almost let go a shout. "Z-zain what are you doing? Put me down.."

"It's okay, you're not that heavy, just hold still," He said as he continued walking down the hallway and Harry couldn't help but hold on to his shoulder, he only put him down when he opened the door of his apartment.

==============================

Meanwhile, Harry is unsure whether going with him is the right decision, since they only met once, and for the fact that his not familiar with the area. However, he also doesn't want to go back home looking so wrecked either.

Zain opened the door and scratched his head while giving him a sheepish look. "I'm sorry my place is really not that nice.."

Harry is standing at the entrance while looking at the entire space of his small apartment. It is ended just a typical apartment with a very small space but nonetheless, it was neat and clean, it also doesn't have an unpleasant smell which he didn't expect for a person like him. He smiled and looked at him. "It's alright, it's actually cleaned."

Zain secretly beamed in relief as he went inside. "P-please take a seat. I'll just get my first-aid kit." He said and went to the small room which he believed was his bathroom.

He moved to the only chair he could find and sat down, slowly stretching his bruised legs. He greeted his teeth when the pain struck again.

Zain went back and was already holding a small white box. He kneels in front of him and attempts to lift his legs but he withdraws. "If you don't mind.. Can I use your bathroom first?"

"Are you going to take a quick bath? I have an extra towel if you want."

He nodded. "Yes, if it's not too much to ask.." He said softly.