Chapter 28

5 Months Later

5 Months Later

Harry is busy coordinating the party of Davon's birthday that morning. It will be held at their house and all his team will be invited including some of his teachers. Up until now, he still can't believe that his son become the captain of their team. His happiness is beyond words can explain. However, his also a bit of awe to find out that it was also the reason why Dave was abducted and the reason Zain almost died. All of it is because of jealousy and selfishness of one person.

He look at the time. It's been almost four hours now since Zain went out. He grab his phone and called him.

It didn't take him long to pick up the phone. "Hey, you promise you'll only work half-time.." He sighs and can't hide the worried in his voice. He heard subtle laugh.

"I'm almost done, I'll be home soon, just gave me 30 minutes."

"Alright, you know I really didn't approve of your decision in going back to work, but since you insist, I don't have a choice.." He sighs and ignores his giggle in the other line. ".. At least don't forget your medicine, so be here right away after you're done with your work.."

"Yes, I'll call you when I'm done here," Zain said before he hung up the call.

He went back to his work but he can't stop smiling while doing an inventory of the restaurant. His no longer working with 3 jobs, but he still working the job of what Harry gave him from one of his restaurant. For five months his body has been doing good in taking his medications, and it's all thanks to Harry and Dave who is always there to help. However, for the first time, they argued last night when he open up of going back to work. Harry flatly disagrees right away.

Which they ended up arguing the entire night. He can still recall, Dave is gazing at them, especially when Harry is starting to raise his voice and become agitated. But he could also sense that he doesn't like his idea in going back to work.

That night, he knocked in Harry's room.

==============================

"Harry are you still awake? Can we talk, please?"

He didn't hear him response but he can hear him moving inside. "I'm going inside.." Then he opens the door. The room is dark and only the small light coming from the window gives him enough light to see him sitting at the edge of his bed, looking down. He could tell his been like that for a while as he could hear him sniffing.

He bent his one leg in front of him and held his hands.

"..hey, I know this makes you bothered so much of what I said earlier.. But I'm okay now. The doctor said I'm good to move around and go back to work.." He ran a hand through his hair. "..I don't want to stay like this, doing nothing.."

Harry averted his gaze. "Are you tired being with us here?"

Zain didn't expect to hear that from him. "What makes you say that?" He stood up and sit beside him. He leans up to locks Harry's eyes. "Do you have any idea how happy I am being here with you? Able to see you everyday, being close to you every day..?"

"Then why are you so keen to go back to work? It seems like you're avoiding us!"

"You got it all wrong, babe.. The reason why I want to go back to work is, I want to do my part too.. You and Dave have been tremendously helpful to me. I don't want to just sit here for too long and do nothing.. I don't want to be a burden to you and Dave.." He said softly but with full of sincerely.

"You're never been a burden to us! Dave doesn't even want you to go back to work yet!" Harry looked at him intensely. "I know this might confuse you but, I've lost you once, and I almost lost you twice.. And if that will happen again, I don't know if I can take it.. Dave also would feel the same.."

Zain hugged him. "I know.. And I understand what your trying to say, but I need this.. I want to do this.. I also have my own planned.. I promised I'll be more extra careful."

There's a few minutes of silence before Harry responded. "..I know I can't stop you .. But, there's a condition. You will only work four hours a day!"

And that's the deal they had last night

Zain sighed. He is actually serious about going back to work. He didn't tell Harry about his main reason behind his sudden decision, but he planned to propose to him. However, he needs to fix himself first, and the first thing he needs to do is to finish his studies and find a good job. At least, for a little bit, he can match his status by being a professional while standing beside him.

Just thinking about how much Harry has changed him since they met. These things have never occurred to him. His already satisfied with what he had and finishing his studies was never a priority for him.

He paused when his phone rang. It was Dave.

"Hey, bruh. What's up?"

"Hey Z, can I talk to you for a minute after your shift?"

"Sure, I'm almost done here. Is everything okay?" He asked and wondered what his going to tell him.

Dave sighed. "I need your help.."

==============================

After 30 minutes, Dave and Zain meet up at the coffee shop near his university. Dave was already there when Zain arrived and he could tell the boy was in deep thought while waiting for him.

"Hey, you okay?" Zain asked, as he sat in front of him outside the coffee shop.

Dave nodded. "How are you and mom?"

"Where okay now. I talked to him again last night and we made a deal. What about you? I know that's not the reason why you called me."

Dave sighs and scratches his head. "Will.. I need your help.. I'm turning 18 tomorrow, and we're both aware of how mom is so excited about it."

Zain chuckle. "Yeah he's more excited than you."

Dave gulped. " I want to move out.."

Zain's smile immediately wipes out from his face.

"You want-what?"

==============================

💛💚Matured content ahead💛💚