Chapter four

"What about this one?" I roll onto my stomach and look over at Emma. She holds up a dress against her body. It is a baby pink low cut dress with lace at the front and along the bottom. "Add a white turtle neck, white tights and some accessories to finish it off. Make sure it's good enough for this weather." I said as I roll back onto my back. I layed on top of Emma's bed while she tried to find an outfit for her winter date. It's finally nice to be out of the house and in someone else's. The room smelt of fresh roses and cold air lightly blew in through the windows. It's still early February but you can feel the change in the breeze as it's getting warmer but still being cold as hell. Even if spring is just around the corner I still love winter and I wouldn't change it ever. Autumns a beautiful season and I also love it too but when it's winter it's where I can be myself. I can stay home in the warm under layers and layers and just enjoy it. I'm not a hot chocolate type of person because I find it too sweet but a cherry tea hits the spot. It's sad how time goes by so quickly, one minute you're in the middle of summer enjoying the sun and the warm water but then suddenly you find yourself in the middle of winter. I wasted so much time on someone that didn't even stay that long. I met Joel July last year right before summer started and schools were coming to an end. I had just finished school and I had plenty of time on my hands during the week. Weekends I mostly spent at work, trying to earn some money but I didn't get much as it was a minimum pay job. But the environment in that place made up for it. I met some of my best friends there that I meet up with once in a while but I still love them to bits. They were there for me as we talked through everything on our breaks and caught up. It was nice while it lasted but when I moved jobs I don't get that anymore. I have work friends but they're just not the same, my bond with them isn't as strong as it is with them. I miss that place sometimes, I miss the disinfectant fights we had when we used the spray bottles to spray each other, hiding our things around the place and then trying to find it, yelling at each other from across the rooms, arguing over who was going to run the bar and making drinks. That place has a special spot in my heart that no other place will.
"Is this cute?" I snap out of my thoughts as Emma asks me if the outfit she came up with is cute. I look over to her, I noticed that she didn't go with the dress but a white turtleneck, baby pink pleated skirt, white tights, over the knee white socks and her knee high boots. She looked so gorgeous in that outfit. It was all nicely fitted together and winter friendly. "Add your white puffer jacket, the soft one and you're ready to go." I said. She turned and looked at herself in the mirror. "You're right my coat will go perfectly with this." She jogs over to me and throws herself onto the bed and on top of me. She wraps her arms around me tightly and squeezes. "Ahhhh what would I do without you. You're like my personal stylist." I laughed and squeezed her back. "What can I say, I have a good eye in fashion." I then gave her a smirk and she pushed away from me giving me a dirty look. "Don't ever smirk like that again. You just gave me the ick." I burst out in laughter and so did she. I forgot how nice it felt to laugh. The warm feeling in your chest and the bubbling in your stomach. I don't remember the last time I laughed but it felt good.