Happy

Andie POV

It's been a few weeks and I have to say I'm enjoying Boston, I've met Chris's family and they are so lovely, his mum is the sweetest human being I've ever met. Staying with Chris has been fun, we've kept it friendly and professional. He has shown me around and it's a beautiful peaceful place. I could imagine my life here, working for Chris and travelling the world. I'm sat on his back porch, his dog dodger by my side. Drinking my coffee and taking in the beautiful scenes around me.

I was up early this morning, I went for a run and made breakfast, chris is sleeping in. He was up late last night with his friends, watching a game so I've tried to stay quiet. I look down at my phone and see a picture of me and Leah being our usual goofy selves. I miss her so much, she was always my one constant. Before I even realised it, I have tears falling down my cheeks. I wipe them away, willing them to stop but they won't. I hear the door open and Chris stepping out.

"Morning"
I try to discreetly wipe the tears before he sees them, I don't want him to think I'm ungrateful for everything he has done .
"Morning"
He sits down beside me, I can feel him stare at me as I concentrate my eyes on dodger.
"Andie?"
"Mmmm"
He gently tilts my head to him and he sees my tears. Wrapping his arms around me, I try to hold back the sob but it doesn't help.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm just being stupid"

He cups my cheeks and strokes his thumb along my cheekbone.
"Your not stupid. What's wrong? Do you not want to be here anymore?"
"God No Chris! I love it here. Truly"
"Then what is it?"
"I just miss Leah. I haven't spoken to her much and obviously haven't seen her in forever. She is all the family I really have"
"I'm sorry, I didn't even think about her when I asked you to come with me"
"Chris it's not your fault. She was the one who convinced me to come here. She wants me to be happy"

"I want that too you know"
"I know. I still have to pinch myself sometimes"
"Why?"
I wipe at my face to try and get rid of the tears "well I met you at a comic con and now I'm here in your home. It just feels like a dream"
"I know it's not exactly what usually happens. But Andie I'm so glad I met you. You are the sweetest, most beautiful woman I have ever met. Not to mention your incredible at your job and you've made mine and megs life so much easier since being part of the team"
I smile wildly "I have really enjoyed doing this"
"Me too"

He slides his thumb along my cheekbone again, making me blush as he stares down into my eyes.
"Chris...."
I whisper out to him, before he leans in and softly places his lips on mine. Giving me a chance to pull away, I know I should. I work for him, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The feeling of his lips on mine, makes my heart explode. As we pull back for oxygen he leans his head against mine.
"I've wanted to do that for ages"
I can't help but giggle "me too"
"Look Andie, I know you working for me might make this complicated but I think we could work it out. So would you go out on a date with me?"

I see the nervousness is his eyes, it's completely adorable. I lean back in and softly kiss his beautiful lips before smiling back at him
"Yes Chris. I will go out on a date with you"
I didn't think his grin could get any wider. He pulls me back to him and we make out, on his porch under the beautiful colours of a beautiful sunrise.