Conversation

Chris POV

Andie looks absolutely stunning tonight, I mean she always does but the dress she picks is incredible. The date so far seems to be going well, I have only ever been here once before but it made a big impression and I knew I had to bring her here.
"So did you enjoy your food?"
"It was so nice chris thank you"
"Your welcome. I have one more surprise"
"Chris. This was amazing already you didn't have to do anything else"
"Of course I did. Come on"
I help her with her coat and we head off down the road.

"It's not far from here"
"Okay"
I can see her shiver so I wrap my arms around her "sorry i didn't think it would be this cold"
"It's fine Chris. So it seemed like you had been to that restaurant before"
"Yeah. Once. Really made an impression on me so I knew it would be the right place to take you"
She nods "it was lovely. Perfect place for dates"
I notice she looks down when she says that.
"Andie, your the first date I've taken there"
"Really?"
"Yes. Your a special woman Andie I wouldn't take you somewhere that I had already taken another woman. You mean more then that to me"

She stops suddenly "Chris?"
"Yeah. You okay?"
"Yeah. I'm perfect, this is amazing and this whole experience with you has been amazing. When I went to that comic con, I never in a million years thought I'd be stood here with you on a date" she giggles and I can't help but smile "this has been the best experience and I'm so grateful to you for everything. I love my job, I'm good at me job and I would really like to continue doing my job for
You if that's still okay?"
I look up and smile "you want to stay on as my assistant?"
"I do"

I can't help but scoop her in my arms and spin her, she giggles loudly and it makes me laugh too.
"That's amazing Andie. I'm so happy"
"Me too. But Chris..."
"What?"
"Dating? Me and you? Will that make this weird?"
"I don't think so. I don't make a habit out of dating my employees but when I saw you at that comic con, I meant what I said. Your beautiful and when I got to know you I knew, I wanted to know more. I know working together and dating will be hard but I think we can do this. If you want too?"

She takes a deep breath and looks into my eyes "I want too. I really do"
I cup her cheeks, and kiss her deeply. She moans slightly as our lips part.
"But we have to promise to keep work as work and us and us. Please"
"Of course. Now come on we have more of this date to enjoy"
"Okay" she kisses me softly and takes my hand. We walk down a cute little 50s diner, that serves the best ice cream in the world.

We order a few scoops and sit down in a booth, laughing and joking about everything. Andie makes me smile more then I ever have. There is something about her that just eases my mind. I want this to work both professionally and personally. So I'm really hoping that we can, I don't see why it wouldn't work. We are both grown up and we can do this.