Nine

Freen's eyes were glued to the door of the bar all evening. It was karaoke night, that and the place was packed with bodies, drinks and sleazeballs. She hates the thought of Becky roaming around unattended. Then she spotted her finally. She was talking to a guy not much taller than her, and from the way she could see him leaning into her there was definitely some chemistry there. Freen felt a twist in her heart that made its way to her stomach. She didn't know what to call it, but it wasn't a very pleasant feeling.

"Hey stranger!" Becky popped up in front of Freen with that gorgeous smile and unassuming cute face of hers.

" Hey birthday girl! Are you having fun?" Freen smiled lightly as she dried out a glass to place it back beneath the counter.

"I'd be having more fun if you'd come party with me!" Becky gave the cutest pout and it was once again totally disarming, testing Freen's resolve to its outer limits.

"You know I can't while I'm working." Freen the gives a sad shrug, though she wished more than anything that she could have joined the girl out on the dancefloor.

"Then I'll wait for you." Becky smiled, and though it was a tipsy smile, there was something frighteningly genuine behind it.

"Sure, if you're ready to wait until 2am. It's only 10:30pm. Go have fun!" Freen ushered Becky away from the bar and saw to it that no creep further approached her. A few numbers from guys seem to reach her, but the one stuck to her side seemed to scare them off. Was he her boyfriend? Was Becky just being nice to her, looking for a friend? Was Freen reading the small scraps of signs all wrong? She continued to keep an eye out and had to swallow hard as the young man swung Becky out on the dancefloor. Freen almost broke a glass with her bare hands when she watched him lean in for a kiss. She accepted the kiss but it was quick and simple, and afterwards she seemed to push him away. So not quite her boyfriend then? Any thread of hope that Freen could hang onto now would be a lifeline.

Meanwhile Nop just got pulled aside by Becky and was receiving a verbal lashing for his actions. She had told him many times before that she only saw him as a friend, a brother. He was angry and confused. They had grown up together and made the perfect couple, but Becky could never share her secret with anyone. Not even Nop or Yuki. Becky chanced a glance over her shoulder to the bar, but Freen was busy serving customers and paid her no attention. She had to get attention somehow. She craved attention from this girl and it was killing her deep inside. She wanted to see her, to feel her skin, to have her weight pressed down on Becky.. She wanted it all.