Twenty-Seven

Freen had never woken up feeling better than she did that morning, with Becky still sleeping soundly in her arms. The younger woman had a leg draped over Freen and was resting her head on Freen's shoulder, emitting the softest little snore that sounded more like a kitten purring. Freen thought it was the cutest thing she had ever heard and couldn't help but press a soft kiss to Becky's head. She had no idea what exactly was going on or how Becky had managed to start changing her like this, but she was addicted now and wanted more.

She carefully untangled herself from the lithe limbs wrapped around her and scooched off the bed, Becky simply sighing in her sleep and flopping over. Freen didn't want to wake her just yet, but they did have work to go to in a while. Some minutes later Freen placed a cup of coffee on the nightstand next to the bed on Becky's side and carefully roused her from her sleep by softly running her hand along Becky's arm and back. Freen's heart beat faster as sleepy eyes blinked open to look up at her. Her heart just about exploded when a sleepy smile accompanied them.

They were definitely going to be late that morning as getting ready turned out to be a real challenge for the duo. Nearly every step was interrupted by unexpected making out as the two stumbled through Freen's room and dresser, trying their best. By the time they arrived at work, both women were all smiles and had to repress the urge to walk in hand in hand. They knew people might grow suspicious anyway, but neither of them cared as they took their seats at their respective desks.

Work carried on as normal that morning and Freen was simply happy to be in Becky's orbit. At least she knew that her paramore was safe and happy, and that started mattering more to Freen than mostly anything else. She was starting to think that there might be very few things that she wouldn't do for Becky.

"What do you think?" It was Heng leaning onto Freen's desk casually, his eyes focused on Becky as she walked off to the bathroom.

Freen was jostled from her throughts by the sudden presence of her friend and boss. "What? Oh yeah, she's good at what she does. And she's being a great help." Freen nodded firmly.

"You know that's not what I meant." Heng smirked and raised one brow at Freen as soon as Becky was out of sight.

Freen grew rigid, the fingers from her right hand curling painfully tightly around the armrest of her chair. "For me or you?"

"Come on Freen, that girl is definitely into guys." He insisted, shaking his head at her in surprise. "Don't you know how I found her for the job?"

"How?" Freen swallowed. Hard. For some reason she knew she was going to hate the answer, whatever it was.

Heng beckoned Freen into his office for some privacy and in case Becky returned. "Funny story actually." He grinned as he closed the door behind Freen and moved over to his desk, again coolly leaning against it. "She was dating Nope. He couldn't stop bragging to me about her. She sounded pretty... freaky, if you know what I mean. It's funny though, she seems so innocent."

Freen's stomach hit the floor. It wasn't possible. Not Becky. Not her Becky. "Yeah well, you know what they say about the innocent-looking ones..." Freen's voice was hoarse and her head started spinning. "So what happened with them?" Freen couldn't deal with this information. She knew that she was freaked out by Becky's lack of sexual experience at first, but now the thought of anyone else having touched her drove Freen to nausea. Could Becky really have lied to Freen?

"Nothing, as far as I know. They still see each other. Apparently it's a bit of an open relationship." Heng shrugged his shoulders as he slid his hands into his pockets. "But I thought maybe I could steal her away. She is incredibly pretty. Smart too. Don't know what she sees in him."

Freen shot up and grabbed Heng by his tie with one hand and grabbed a stapler from his desk with the other. She proceeded to yank him down and staple his tie to his leather desk pad in one swift movement. It happened so fast that Heng had no time to react and was left hollering at Freen as she stormed through his office door.

"What happened? What's..." Becky started with big eyes, having returned from the bathroom. However she was left standing in the dust as Freen rushed past her and downstairs to exit the building.