Larmes

Michael could hear yelling downstairs, loud and angry, words muffled by his floor, all Michael knew was that it was definitely Luke in part of the argument, his voice, which was usually so bored, once again filled with emotion that otherwise is bottled up and hid away. Michael wondered why Luke felt the need to do that.

Michael could just about tell the different voices apart, the other being another guy, but his voice was more gruff and spitting with rage to Luke's higher pitched yelling and Michael released he should probably keep out of others business, but he carried on listening anyway. He didn't have anything better to do.

Michael was pretty sure Luke was crying, which seemed like a crazy thing when he was so emotionless around Michael the two days ago when they had talked briefly. He seemed like the kind of guy who never cries, and it was an oddly chilling thing to hear. Harsh and stark and hauntingly beautiful, yet Michael didn't know why.

Michael noticed that the yelling were becoming more and more one sided, Luke's voice fading away as the other took over, and Michael wondered what Luke had done for the other person to scream so openly at him. It must've been pretty bad, really.

Michael decided the person had to be Luke's boyfriend. Friends argue, but not at the extent that Luke was arguing with this guy, at least that's what Michael found. Then again, what would he know, he's only ever had one friend in his life.

Michael was shocked out of his thoughts by a sharp snap, then a dull thud, and a slam of a door, then silence. It was deafening how quiet it was, heavy on Michael's head and shoulders and choking his throat, suffocating him slowly and he had to get out right then.

But Luke stopped Michael from crying himself, for a reason he wasn't sure of yet, when he started to shakily play his piano, and Michael wondered why it was three am he chose. It must've had meaning, because Luke seemed to be all about metaphors and all, the three am piano thing must be another one surely.

Michael didn't understand what had just happened, but he realised it must've affected Luke pretty bad. He played the simplest, yet somehow saddest tune of them all, and Michael realised it wasn't a cover by the way he went over it constantly. A sad original that showed Luke's emotions better than he could probably say in words and Michael really was crying now.

He didn't know why the tears were trailing down his cheeks or why chocked sobs were hitting his throat, but he knew it was something to do more with the fact of Luke's sadness. And Michael realised Luke was right. People were assholes.

Luke was the one going through all the pain out of the two of them, so why was Michael crying. He didn't even have any connection to the boy, they weren't even acquaintances really. Maybe Michael was crying because he was helpless or because he wanted to do something. Either way, it was bullshit and he needed to stop, but thinking that only made him cry more.

Michael wasn't sure what to do, he'd never cried so much in his life and he just needed a hug, so the next thing he knew he was calling Ashton and begging for him to pick up. Thankfully he did because Ashton is an angel sent from heaven.

"Michael, it's three am, what do you want," Ashton groaned sleepily, and Michael could hear him moving in the background, probably getting out of bed and putting clothes on. He would probably come over without Michael having to ask.

"I need a hug," Michael chocked out, and Ashton confirmed he was on his way quickly, hanging up and he was probably already halfway to Michael's apartment, knowing Ashton.

Luke had stopped playing his piano. He'd played it for only fifteen minutes, half the amount of time than usual, which made Michael cry further, because Luke must've been in pain himself, and crying himself if he stopped early. And for good reason, unlike Michael.

Ashton came quickly, just as expected, and he stormed into Michael's room, wrapping himself around Michael's frail body without a word, Michael shaking slightly, his back pressed to Ashton's chest and their legs tangled together as Michael's tears and sobs started to falter.

"Why are you crying?" Ashton asked softly once Michael had stopped, apart from the occasional hiccup, but Michael just shook his head, he didn't know and that's what made it so weird. He'd always been in control of his emotions, he knew what was going on, but just then he had nothing, he didn't even feeling like himself. It wasn't normal, for him.

"Try and sleep," Ashton whispered, which was something he had said since Michael got diagnosed with insomnia all the way back in high school, and both of them knew those words were meaningless now, it was still comforting in a way. So Ashton fell asleep and Michael stayed wide awake, only able to think and nothing more.

I've had s club 7 stuck in my head all day and I had something important to say but I can't remember because of s fucKING CLUB 7 l8r sk8rs