Chapter 25: Laying in the Sunrise

Y/n pov

I was laying in bed with Sirius on my chest. I was running my fingers through his hair not able to sleep. It's 4 am and I still can't sleep. My nightmares have gotten worse even with Sirius here. I carefully moved his head off my chest and slipped out of bed. I grabbed Sirius's jumper and put it on before climbing out the window to the roof. I laid down on the roof and watched as the stars started to fade as the sun started to rise. I don't know how long I sat out here but I heard Sirius moving in the bed.

"Love" I heard him say confused. Then I heard him get out of bed and then walking across the floor. His head popped out the window. "Love what are you doing out here," he said climbing up to me. I shrugged. He sat behind me and intertwined his fingers in mine. He brought it up to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to our knuckles.

"What's wrong," he asked laying down next to me. "Did you sleep at all?" I think the silence spoke volumes to him. He sighed lightly before looking over at me. He leaned on his elbow to look at me. He kissed my cheek lightly before laying back down.

"I'm not going to force you to tell me what's wrong but I want you to tell me when you feel ready," he said quietly. He squeezed my hand. I moved over a bit to put my head on his shoulder.

"Nightmare" I whispered

"What?" He said with worry in his voice.

"I haven't slept because I didn't want to see the nightmares"

He sat up a bit.

"I thought you weren't having any"

I looked away.

"Y/n," he said drawing my name out. "You have to tell me these things. I can try to help"

"I know" I mumbled.

He ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath.

"How can I help you" he whispered. I shrugged. "I'm going to figure this out," he said with a small smile. "You need to sleep and I'm going to help you"

"Ok"

He looked back at the sky before laying down next to me again.

"I love you," he said interlocking our hands again.

"I love you more"

"Not possible"

I laughed and shook my head.

"Now we still have a couple of hours until everyone wakes up so we are figuring this out now," he said getting up

"What?"

"Come on. Let's go. Time to sleep"

"Sirius"

"Nope. No arguing" he said scooping me up. He dropped me in the bed when he climbed back through the window. He pulled the blankets over me and then climbed in next to me. He leaned on his arm and looked at me. I saw him in thought for a second before a smile grew on his face.

"I'm going to tell you a story." He said.

"What?"

"Shush," He said putting his fingers to my lips. "There once was a boy who ran away from home to live with his friends. Once he got there his friend James brought him to his room and the boy instantly fell in love with it. Little did he know James sister did it"

"Wha- how did you know?!"

"Shh not important. He loved the room and the family that welcomed him in. But he still couldn't get over that girl from the last story. He was so excited to see her every day and the feelings for her grew every day-" my eyes started closing at this point and I couldn't keep them open. He kissed my temple before rubbing my arm softly. Then I drifted into sleep.

•☆•☆•

Sirius pov

I saw her eyes flutter closed and I let out a relieved sigh. I laid my head down on the pillow next to her and wrapped an arm around her stomach when the door opened and James walked in. I quickly put my finger up to my mouth.

"Why?" He whispered

"I finally got her to actually sleep. Don't wake her up" I whispered back.

"Ah. Got it. I'll be in my room."

"Ok"

He closed the door and grabbed one of the other blankets from the end of the bed. I pulled them over me and lightly put an arm over y/n.

"I love you" I whispered even if she wouldn't hear me. She seemed to move closer to me. I smiled a little and kissed her head. "I'll love you forever"

•☆•☆•

I woke up a little while ago again but didn't want to move because y/n finally looked stress-free. I didn't want to wake her. She turned more towards me before waking up a little.

"Sirius?" She asked trying to wake up.

"Hello love," I said rubbing her back a little. "How'd you sleep?"

"Ok"

"No nightmares"

"No nightmares" she confirmed.

"That's good"

She nodded before nuzzling my shoulder. I kissed the top of her head.

"Can we just stay here all day?" She mumbled

"If you want"

"Ok"

I rubbed her back slowly.

"Why does this have to be your last year" she whispered. I laughed a little.

"I wish it wasn't. I'm going to miss it"

"I'm going to miss you"

"We're not there yet though. We've got the year. Let's make the best of it and leave the missing for afterward"

"Ok"

"I don't even want to think about a year without you"

"You've done it before you met me"

"But now we're dating and I can barely do anything without you"

"That's a lie. You do stuff without me"

"Eh sometimes"

She laughed a little. She looked up at me before pulling me into a kiss. When she pulled away she looked at me.

"Your perfect" she whispered before pecking my lips.

"Love. No."

She laughed a little before putting her head back down.