Chapter 33: No Need For That

Y/n pov

We made it to the house, and sirius was still asleep. I kissed his forehead, and he stirred.

"Were here," I whispered. He nodded slowly before lifting his head. He looked at me with a tired smile. I laughed a little before james put the seat in front of us down so we could get out. He got out first, and then I did. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and rested his chin on my head. I looked up at him, and he looked at me. He kissed my forehead before letting go to grab his stuff. I followed behind and grabbed my stuff.

"Are you kids hungry or want to sleep." Mum asked. She looked over at the boys."I think sleep is the answer," she said. I nodded and grabbed sirius's hand and brought him up to the stairs. I pulled him into his room, and he laid down. I turned off the lights, and he reached out a hand to me.

"I'm coming," I said. I laid down next to him, and he buried his head into my neck and shoulder. He kissed my collar bone lightly a couple of times before resting his head on my chest. I kissed the top of his head and ran my fingers through his hair. He wrapped his arms tightly around my stomach.

"I love you," he muttered

"I love you too," I said back.

He fell asleep quickly as I rubbed his back.

.-.-

The alarm clock next to me read 2 am. I looked down at sirius and carfully got out of bed. I haven't been able to sleep. I went downstairs and got water before leaning on the counter. I took a sip and closed my eyes.

"Are you ok?" I heard someone say. I opened my eyes and saw Remus on the stairs.

"Yeah," I whispered. He nodded and sat on the stairs.

"You know you can talk to me. I'm here for you."

I smiled a little.

"Yeah."

"Ok." We sat in silence for a little while before I looked back over at him.

"You guys only have a couple of months," I said in a whisper. He nodded. "I just...I never thought it was going to be this hard to see you guys graduate." he stood up and walked over to me. He pulled me into a hug. "It's all stressing me out," I whispered. He rubbed my back.

"I know." He whispered. He pulled away. "It's going to be hard, but you know us. We'll send you so many letters you'll be sick of us. It's gonna be like we never left. "

I laughed a little.

"Thanks, remus."

"Of course. You should head up to bed so if sirius wakes up, he doesn't freak out. "

"Ok, night remus."

"Night y/n"

I headed up the stairs and into sirius's room. He was looking around the room when his eyes landed on mine. He let out a breath before laying back down. I shut the door and laid back down next to him. He looked over at me.

"You ok?" he said groggy

"Yeah. Im ok. Sorry for waking you. "

He looked at me a little longer, not believing me.

"Are you stressed about something?"

"What?"

"You don't sleep when you're stressed, and I can tell you haven't slept yet. What it is love" 

"Damn you and knowing me too well," I whispered, laying on my side to face him. He laughed a little.

"If I didn't, how would i be able to make sure you're ok?"

I smiled a little, and he moved his hand to cup my cheek.

"What's wrong, my love?"

"You leave in a couple of months,"

"You're stressed about that?"

"A little"

"Get over here," he said, pulling me into his chest. "It's not like I'm actually leaving you. I'll always be a letter away. I mean, you probably won't even have to letter me. You'll get a lot of letters from me. Also, we've got all summer plus the rest of this year, and you'll be here for Christmas break."

"What about the war?"

"Well, be fine. I promise you we'll all make it out of it, "

"Ok."

He pulled me closer to him and tilted my head up to see him.

"You don't have to be stressed about anything. I promise, "

I smiled a little, and he rubbed his thumb over my cheek before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. He then placed his forehead on mine. He rubbed his nose against mine. I laughed a little.

"Thank you," I whispered

"Love, you never need to thank me. It's what I'm here for, " he whispered back.

"You know that's never going to stop,"

He smiled. "Yeah, but I'll try to get it to stop. Along with apologies. I was too worried about you to tell you that you don't need to apologize. "

I opened my mouth to speak, and he put his finger on my lips.

"No."

"How did you know I was going to say that?"

"Because I know you. Now... you think you can sleep."

"Yeah."

"Good," he kissed my forehead. "I love you,"

"I love you too,"

He smiled and rested his chin on the top of my head. I nuzzeled into his neck and closed my eyes. I held onto him tightly.

"You know... you can talk to me about things to" I said.

"I know, love." He said. I could hear the smile he was wearing in his voice. "I'm ok, love. I'll tell you. Alright?"

"Yeah."

"Now sleep. In a couple hours, we have to get up and get ready for Christmas"

"Ok."

"Night night"

I laughed and shook my head. He laughed, too.

"Goodnight, darling"