1.4

Even though I hadn't even known Ollie for a full week, it felt like I had known him my entire life. After meeting his mother when we had to do the school project, I met his father, brother and sister the following days as well. They were all very welcoming and I even had dinner at their house.

It was Friday and I was sitting on Ollie's bed, while he was using his desk chair to roll around the room. I was helping him study for an upcoming test, but we weren't really getting anywhere, because neither of us were paying attention.

"Let's stop. I don't wanna study anymore,"

"Yeah, good idea. What do you wanna do instead?" I asked and Ollie shrugged his shoulders.

"Let's do something fun. It's Friday afternoon!" he got up from his chair and threw himself on the bed next to me.

"Any specific ideas?" I laughed.

"Well, there's a party tonight," Ollie said slowly.

"Why are you saying it like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like it's forbidden,"

"Well, it kinda is. My parents don't really want me to go to parties, because of the alcohol. I used to sleep over at a friend's and we would go in secret, but he moved away. Plus, it's a tradition of the new semester. Do you know Ben?"

"The popular guy? Who is with that red-haired girl?" I asked.

"Exactly,"

"I thought you didn't like him,"

"I don't have to like him to go to his party,"

"Well, my parents aren't at home this weekend, so you could sleep over at my house and we could go to the party," I said.

"Would they allow that?"

"I'd have to ask them, but I don't think they'll have a problem with it," I said.

"Alright. I'll go downstairs and ask my mum and you can call your parents," Ollie got up from the bed and walked to the door, "Thank you in advance,"

"No problem," I smiled.

I unlocked my phone and called my dad, since I knew my mum was still at work.

"Hello sweetheart. What's up?" he picked up after a few seconds.

"Hi dad. You and mum are going out tonight, right?" I asked.

"Yes, we are. Why are you asking?"

"Can Ollie sleep over at our house?"

"Tonight?"

"Yes. A classmate of ours is throwing a party before,"

"Sure. Just don't do anything reckless,"

"Don't worry. I won't and thank you,"

"Have fun and stay safe," he told me.

"I will," I said.

"Are you at his house right now?"

"Yes, I am,"

"Alright, see you tomorrow then I guess?"

"Yes. Bye,"

"Goodbye,"

I hung up and a few moments later Ollie reentered his room.

"And?"

"He said yes," I said.

"My mum said yes as well," he smiled.

"Great. When does the party start?"

"At eight or nine, I think," he laid down on the bed next to me again.