1.22

tw: sexual content

...

I had bought the most beautiful dress I could have possibly imagined. It was light blue and when I wasn't wearing heels, the seam was touching the floor. The neck wasn't too deep, which I preferred and there were light glitter particles spread all over it.

I went on a shopping trip with Mila and I had almost given up hope to find a dress, but then, at the last store, I finally found the dress.

Prom night had come faster than I anticipated. I felt like I was in the biggest rush of my life. I was sitting in my room, in front of my make-up desk, getting ready. I had already curled my hair and was currently applying my makeup.

I had just finished putting on my dress, when the doorbell rang. I grabbed my heels and my bag, before I walked down the stairs. My dad had already opened the door and Ollie was standing in our hallway talking to him. He hadn't spotted me yet, but his head turned into my direction at the sound of my footsteps.

His lips curled into a smile and he walked towards me, while I had reached the end of the staircase.

"You look absolutely beautiful," he placed his hand on my cheek and smiled at me.

"You look pretty good yourself," I replied, leaning into his touch. That was a complete understatement, I hadn't seen Ollie in a suit before, but he looked breathtaking. Blush crept into my cheeks and I felt the familiar feeling of butterflies in my stomach as he placed his lips on top of mine.

My dad cleared his throat behind us and Ollie took a step back.

"Oh, sweetheart, you look gorgeous," my mum had stepped out of the living room. She walked towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you," I said.

"Alright, let's go, you guys don't wanna be late, do you?" My dad said, opening the door for us.

I quickly put on my heels and followed Ollie out the door. He was already walking towards the car parked in front of our house and I was only able to make out the silhouette of his mother due to the distance.

"Have fun tonight," My mum gave me a warm smile.

"I will,"

"See you tomorrow,"

I would sleep over at Ollie's place after prom, this time with my parents' permission. Ollie's mum took us to the school, because his dad was on a work trip over the entire weekend.

By the time we arrived at the school, it was already quite packed with people.

The prom took place in the gymnasium and a group of volunteers had decorated it during the day. Music was blasted through the speakers on the walls and there was a small group of people dancing in the middle.

We sat down on a table with a few of our fellow classmates.

"You've got to be kidding me," Ollie's eyes were focus on the entrance and I furrowed my brows in confusion, unsure what he was referring to.

"What is it?"

"More like who is it,"

I was still scanning the people around the entrance, when my eyes locked with the person Ollie was talking about. What was more shocking than seeing him here was seeing her standing next to him, holding his hand.

Naomi was currently whispering something into Paul's ear, causing him to laugh. Ollie was about to stand up, but I put a hand on his forearm.

"Don't. As long as they don't talk to us, we don't have to talk to them either," I said.