1.10

My second day in Bahrain went by way to fast. Instead of watching free practice and qualifying from one of the garages, I actually watched from the grand stands. The energy amongst the fans was amazing, but it was incredibly hot there.

On Sunday, I was woken up by someone knocking on my door. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and groaned. It was 7am and way to early to be awake in my opinion.

I slowly got out of my bed and walked to the door. When I opened it, my dad was standing in front of me.

"Dad?" I rubbed my eyes, "Do you know how early it is?"

"Yes, and I'm sorry for waking you up, but I have a surprise for you," he smiled.

My sleepiness immediately disappeared and curiosity took its place. My eyes lit up and my lips curled into an exited smile. I loved surprises.

"What is it?"

"You should be asking, who is it?" My dad stepped aside and a familiar brown haired appeared in his place.

My eyes grew wide and before I was even able to process or question anything, she jumped into my arms. Not being prepared for such an impact, I stumbled backwards and we both ended up on the floor.

We started laughing and I was sure I had the stupidest grin ever on my face.

"Mila, what are you doing here?" I finally said after we stopped laughing.

"You didn't seriously think, I'd miss the first race of the season, did you?" she playfully slapped me.

"But didn't you say, you didn't have time-"

"Well, yeah things changed. Long story short, I got suspended,"

"Mila!"

"Don't worry, nobody got hurt," he stated after seeing my alarmed expression.

Mila was known for pulling some rather reckless, but still incredibly funny pranks.

"What did you do this time?" I asked, a slight smile on my lips.

"I'll tell you later, but first: how are things with Paul and Ollie?" she wanted to know.

"I told you, there's nothing going on with either of them," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ugh, I was hoping for some drama," Mila dramatically laid back on the floor.

"What about you and Jack?"

"I dumped him. Honestly that guy was a complete idiot. Turns out he was only using me to make his ex jealous," she rolled her eyes, "Besides, I want something else. Something exiting and fun,"

"Hey, if you don't want Paul, can I have him?" he smiled. I couldn't tell if she was joking or being serious, probably a bit of both.

"Not my decision, but why him?"

"He's a racing driver, duh," she stated like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"You wanna be a wag? That must be so stressful, travelling all around the world, I mean you would basically have to give up your entire life,"

"I would do that. For someone I love. I would wanna be with them all the time," Mila said.

My lips turned into a little smile as my mind wondered to Ollie and what he was doing right now.

"Damn, you just full on lied to me," Mila's words pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You like him," she stated.