1.21

It was the fourth race of the f3 calendar and something incredibly important for Ollie. The Silverstone Grand Prix was right around the corner and Ollie was given a leave of absence from school, because he would be involved in a lot of media work.

He was staying at a hotel close to the race track, while I was still in Chelmsford. On Wednesday, wto days before I would drive to the track as well, Mila surprised me with her visit.

We were both sitting on my bed, catching up, because we hadn't since each other since my birthday.

"So, how come you don't have school?" I asked leaning against the wall behind me.

"Didn't I tell you? I'm home-schooled now and I already finished this week's work," she smiled.

"Well, consider me jealous,"

"Don't be. It's quite lonely sometimes and besides, if you were homeschooled, you wouldn't have met Ollie," she pointed out.

"Yeah, you're probably right,"

"I'm always right," she stated.

"Yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night," I chuckled.

"Anyways, have you packed already?"

"Finished days ago," I said and got out of my bed, "I'm hungry. Are you hungry?"

"I'm always hungry," Mila rolled her eyes and got up as well.

We went downstairs and into the kitchen, where my mum was preparing dinner.

"I hope you guys are hungry. Dinner will be ready in five minutes," she smiled.

"Starving," I replied.

"By the way, I got Friday off, which means, I'm coming to the Grand Prix with you," my mum told us, while we helped her prepare the table.

"That's great! Has Dad already left?"

"He left this morning actually. You must've barely missed him," she frowned.

"Yeah, I was running a bit late," I lied.

I had slept over at Ollie's house. My dad still wasn't the biggest fan of me sleeping over, so I did it in secret. Ollie left for the race track in the morning and I went straight to school from his house.

Mila clearly caught my lie and raised her eyebrows sending me a curious look. I shook my head in response signaling her I would talk about it later.

We sat down at the table and began eating. It was mostly quiet, only interrupted by my mum asking Mila about Monaco and her family.

"So, I was thinking. Ollie and you have been together for a while now and I'd like to invite his parents and his siblings for dinner," my mum said.

"I think that's a great idea," I truthfully responded. I really liked both Ollie's parents and siblings and I got along with them pretty well.

"Perfect, I'll talk to your dad about it then," she responded.

...

Friday morning, we made drove to the track and luckily the traffic wasn't too bad. We arrived two hours later and checked into our hotel. We didn't stay at the hotel for long, to catch the f3 practice session in time.

When we arrived at the track, Ollie was getting ready to jump into the car, but he still had about 20 minutes until the session started.

"You're earlier than I expected," he said after greeting me with a kiss.

"Well, I didn't wanna miss anything," I watched Ollie tie the top half of his suit around his hips.

"I'm glad you're here," he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled us closer together.