1.8

School trips were something I didn't like. They were boring and the only good thing about them was that you don't have to go to school.

This time I was excited. We were visiting an aquarium and it would take us an hour to get there. During the bus ride, I sat next to Ollie.

We were watching ice skating competitions and my head was laying on his shoulder.

Friends didn't act like this. I knew that. For me, he was more than a friend. But what did he feel?

I had talked to Mila about this for hours. As much as I wanted to just ask Ollie, I didn't want to risk our friendship. What we had was great and even though I wanted more, I thought I could settle for less as long as I'd get to be with Ollie.

Maybe being just friends was enough.

...

Once we arrived at the location, we were allowed to walk around on our own. Ollie and I followed the signs and walked down a few stairs leading to the aquariums. We walked around side by side fingers brushing against the other's every now and then.

We were standing in front of a part of a larger aquarium watching the fishes swim by.

"Hi, Ollie," a redhead suddenly appeared next to him fluttering her eyelashes.

"Allison?" Ollie raised his eyebrows.

"So, I was wondering," she twirled a strand of hair around her index finger, "Do you already have a prom date?"

"Prom?" Ollie furrowed his brows in confusion, "Prom is in like 4 months,"

"And?"

"No, I don't have a date,"

"Oh, is there a race?"

"Why would that be a problem?" I asked.

"Because Ollie is-" Allison started.

"It's the Grand Prix, I never miss the Grand Prix," he interrupted her.

"Is there even one during that weekend?"

"Well, if there isn't, would you want to go to prom with me?" Allison asked Ollie.

"What about John," he furrowed his brows.

"You know?" she stated.

"Clearly, I don't," he shook his head.

"He cheated on me with my best friend, Naomi, remember her?" she raised her brows.

"Yes,"

"I was thinking we could go to prom together to make them jealous," she smiled like it was the greatest idea she had ever had.

"You should pick someone else for your revenge fantasies. I'm not going with you," Ollie rolled his eyes.

Allison looked at him with disbelief and scoffed.

"Just a little tip, I wouldn't go with her either," she pointed at me.

"By the way, I know all about you," she turned to face me, "Don't even begin to think you're better than any of us,"

She turned around and walked away.

"Who's Naomi?"

"We dated for a few months last year. It didn't work anymore and we broke up. You don't have to worry about her, I don't have feelings for her anymore," Ollie explained.

"Why would I worry about her?" I laughed.

"Liv," he placed his hand on my right cheek causing me to look up, "I saw your face when Allison showed up and when she mentioned Naomi,"