1.20

"Who is ready to party?!" Arthur shouted through the room, after entering holding a bottle of vodka in his hand.

"Wodka?" Ollie raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, and this isn't the only bottle. After what happened at your birthday, we need to up the game, especially because there isn't an adult watching us," Arthur smirked.

"Great idea," I clapped him on the shoulder, "Where's Mila?"

Arthur's smile grew even bigger, "She's securing the good stuff with Elvira,"

"Define good stuff," Ollie said.

"You'll see and loosen up a bit, will you?" Arthur swung an arm around Ollie.

My parents were on a trip for the weekend and allowed me to celebrate my seventeenth birthday with a party under one condition: no alcohol.

I knew that I wasn't listening to them, but they weren't there and how would they find out?

When I walked into my room to change into sneakers rather than high heels, I was met with Mila, Elvira and Dino sitting on my room floor.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

Mila got up and waved a small plastic bag in front of me.

"Is that ... weed?" I looked at her in surprise.

"Correct," she smiled, "Elvira and Dino brought it from Sweden,"

"How did you get that through the airport?"

"We've got our ways," Dino said and handed me a joint.

I raised my brows, "I don't know if that's a good idea,"

"Try it and you'll find out," Elvira shrugged her shoulders.

I put the joint between my lips took a breath.

"It's not bad," I stated, not feeling any effects yet.

"Perfect," Elvira smiled and grabbed my hand leading me downstairs once again.

"So, how are things with Mila and Arthur?"

"Better, he finally asked her out and they flew here together," I smiled.

"So, they're dating?"

"Yes," I nodded, "How are things with you and Dino?"

"Good. I'm just always missing him and even though we've been together for quite some time now, I don't think I'll ever get used to the whole long-distance thing,"

"Why don't you just move to Italy?" I asked.

Elvira laughed, "It's not that easy. My family, my friends and my whole life are in Sweden and I'm going to school there,"

Silence fell between us and I started thinking about how I didn't know if I could do long distance with Ollie. He flew back and forth between Italy and England at least once a week and I didn't see him every day, which was okay. Whenever we didn't see each other for more than two days I already started missing him, he had grown to be a very important part of my life.

...

More and more guest were arriving and soon the living room was fully packed. Earlier that day, Ollie and Arthur had emptied out most of the room, while Mila and I stocked the refrigerator.

A few hours had passed and the party was in full swing.

I was talking to Elvira, when Dino approached us.

"Can I steal her really quick?" he asked me and put his arm around Elvira's waist.

"Sure," I replied and watched him guide her to the dancefloor.