1.9

It was finally time. It was race week and there were only a few days left before the Bahrain Grand Prix. I was in the best mood during the entire week. I was so excited, I started packing on Tuesday.

Because my dad was going to be in the paddock with Sky Germany to interview drivers and team principals, he was able to secure a vip pass for me.

When it was finally time to fly to Bahrain, my dad loaded our luggage into his trunk and drove us to the airport. Once we were sitting on the plane, I passed the time by watching a movie.

At some point, I fell asleep and when I woke up again, we were only a few minutes away from landing. After receiving our suitcases, we ordered a taxi and went to our hotel.

...

After refreshing myself and settling in for a bit, I started getting ready for dinner. I applied some light makeup and put on a black dress ending just above my knees.

My mother had gifted me the dress for my last birthday and I immediately fell in love with it.

Even though my mother didn't fly to Bahrain with us, I was happy to be able to spent some time with my dad. I was planning on keeping her updated with lots of pictures and videos.

My dad made dinner reservations in a restaurant he used to go to back when he was still racing.

He hadn't been to a paddock in years and it was obvious how excited he was to return, even if he wouldn't race.

The last time I had been to a Formula 1 race, was the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. I was only 11 when I watched it and my memory of the entire season was pretty vague. However, I did remember my father's hard work, his new routines, workouts and that I barely saw him.

All of that changed when he left the sport. He was determined to make up for not spending as much time with his family and devoted his life to me and my mother.

He learned how to braid my hair, how to cook my favorite meal and helped me with my homework.

When I hit puberty, he handled it surprisingly well. I got on better with him than my mother. He was always calm and took the time to make sure I was 100% alright.

...

The moment I opened the taxi's door and stepped out of it, I put my hand over my eyes, to shield them from the camera flashes.

There was a lot of paparazzi.

Luckily, none of them knew who I was and moved on to take pictures of my father, once he exited the car as well.

One of the photographers connected the dots and returned to photographing me.

"It's Nico Rosberg's daughter! She hasn't been spotted in years!"

Suddenly my dad appeared next to me, grabbed me and started moving the both of us forward.

We weren't too far away form the restaurant's entrance, but it felt like an eternity to get there. The restaurant's security helped us enter and kept the group of paparazzi from following us inside.

"Are you okay?" My dad's eyes were filled with worry as he scanned me.

"Yes, they didn't hit me or anything. I just didn't expect them,"

"Well, it's a very popular spot for celebrities, especially this weekend. You can't really do anything against them, just stay calm,"

I nodded and followed my father to the reception.

"Do you have a reservation?" the waiter asked after greeting us.

"Yes, it should be on the name "Rosberg"," my dad told him. The waiter looked through his list and guided us to our table.