CHAPTER 6

Vaughn woke up to a screaming Danica and held her tight in his arms. The door to her room flew open and the doctor and Maddox both ran inside. The doctor injected Danica with another sedative and waited for her to calm down.

When Danica was out again, Vaughn laid her down and covered her once again.

He rubbed his eyes and stood up. "This is the third time tonight she wakes up screaming in a panic," Vaughn said.

"Danica has lived with PTSD for the last six years of her life. She went through a very traumatic experience. It seems to me that she has developed a panic disorder which is often brought on by people who have lived a traumatic experience like she has, and that panic sends her into dissociative episodes like the one she had."

Maddox sat down on the bed and rubbed Danica's foot like a father would do. "Wait, so what are you saying? That the PTSD evolved into a panic disorder?"

The doctor nodded her head yes. "That's exactly what I'm saying. She will need constant treatment. Her panic attacks will be worse and onset by the littlest things. She's not well. She should've never left when she did. Losing her mother, the way she did started the PTSD and then the attack she suffered set it off full blown and not to mention the way her sister died, it all added to her emotional state."

Vaughn's chest tightened at the thought of how much Danica had gone through. He ached for her. He cared about her so much and she had no idea.

"What do we do for her? how do we help her?"

"For starters, keep her stress level down. She needs to feel safe. I'm going to treat her with natural remedies due to the toxicity of the normal medicine a shrink would prescribe her. She needs calm and most of all she needs to feel loved and protected."

"No problem there," Maddox answered fast, making the doctor smile.

The road ahead for Danica was not going to be easy but, he would make sure that she was alright. He would do whatever was in his power to help her. Maddox just hoped she would accept his help.

That night and the following three nights Vaughn barely slept. He kept watch over Danica. Everyone in the house was worried about her and Titus felt like a giant asshole for having triggered her attack. Needless to say, Vaughn had a few words with the man that left Titus with a black eye, a bruised jaw and a couple of bruised ribs. Had it not been for Falcon stepping in, Vaughn would have killed Titus.

Danica opened her eyes and saw the faint sunlight streaming in through the curtains. She wasn't in her bedroom which caused her to sit straight up in bed. she looked around not knowing where she was, and she got worried. She couldn't remember what happened and how she had gotten there. She pushed the covers back and walked to the door. She noticed that she was wearing a long-sleeved T-shirt that reached right above the knee and a pair of black woolly socks that were too big for her. Had Morgan put them on her? She opened the door and walked outside into a hallway that had minimal light coming through a small window. She walked slowly and quietly and stopped at the foot of the stairs and saw that there were people everywhere buzzing by in silence going about their business. She was definitely not in Morgan's apartment. She sat at the top of the stairs to get her bearings and remembered that she was back at the Fallen house and that Morgan had cheated on her. Everything came flooding back to her. She had woken up in the room that Maddox had assigned her.

Catching Vaughn having sex with that blonde, Maddox dropping her into the cold pool, Vaughn having sex with her or rather her asking Vaughn to have sex with her, Titus telling her off and dragging her by the arm.

Had she had an attack? What the hell had happened after that? She had no recollection of anything. The only thing she knew was that she needed to feel normal again. As normal as she could get anyway.