CHAPTER 8

Danica woke up alone once again. She huffed out not liking the fact that Vaughn always pulled the disappearing act on her. She didn't know much about him and what his life was like now. All she knew was that she had doubts about everything except her feelings for Vaughn. Those were very clear to her. He was a player, and she was getting tired of him really quick.

Everything was getting messed up. The lines she had drawn were getting blurred and she was even thinking about drawing new ones that did not include Vaughn and the possibility of being pregnant by him was making everything go south.

Danica left the bed and showered after brushing her teeth. She took her time grooming her body feeling better about herself when she looked sexy and felt it.

Vaughn was a very handsome man, and he knew it. He had filled out more during the years. His muscles were more defined, and he had added more tattoos to his left arm which now went all the way down to his wrist. His right arm had some tattoos but not the entire sleeve and his back had the Fallen Angels tattoo. It was amazing, it was done in black and orange and yellows with an angel standing with his head looking down engulfed in flames with the body of a Greek god. It was a beautiful tattoo and every brother and sister had it covering from the middle of the back to the shoulders. The wings stretched out on the back of the arms making the angel wickedly hot.

After dressing in a pair of black leggings and a long sleeved, purple blouse with ruffles at the V-neckline and at the sleeves that barely covered her tight ass, Danica decided it was time to get her life back on track.

She put on her knee-high, leather, high-heeled boots, and a black leather vest on and left her raven hair loose. She put on eyeliner and mascara and a light plum lip stain that was nearly impossible to smudge and kept her lips soft. She had decided it was the best choice considering how handsy Vaughn had gotten with her. She didn't want to have to apply her lip balm constantly, so the lip stain was the way to go.

Danica made her way downstairs after she grabbed her purse and made sure her cellphone and wallet were inside.

Brothers and sisters alike stared at her and smiled. The men tried to keep their eyes to themselves, but Danica was too sexy for that to happen. She just hoped that no one would say anything stupid to get a rise out of Vaughn if he was around, which he never was. The only time he appeared was at mealtimes or when he wanted to be with her and leave her senseless. He slept in her bed which did help her sleep better, but he was never there when she woke up in the morning. It was really starting to bother her, and she was going to have to talk to him about it.

Something else she had to deal with.

"Well holly shit." Zane stopped piling food on his plate and stared at Danica with his mouth open. "I'll just eat you instead." He grinned at her.

"You might want tone it down, Vaughn will burry you if he catches you staring at his woman like that," Slate said, standing at the stove stirring something that resembled porridge.

Zane raised an eyebrow at her. "So you are his woman."

"I wouldn't say that, but he's got it in his head that I am," she said and moved to the counter over to the fruit bowl and took an apple.

"Well shit," Zane blurted, disappointed. "He always gets the good ones. What about Marcy and Ruby and Jessica and—"

"Shut your damn mouth!" Slate snapped at him, and pointed with his head towards Danica.

She laughed and took a bite of her apple. "I know who Vaughn is and the fact that he used to go at it like a bunny rabbit with any woman. Chill out, I don't care about what he used to do. What he does now is what matters and what matters is that I'm not his woman."