CHAPTER 25

Of course, the name was familiar to her. She had heard it most of her life.

"My mother used to tell me I had Dmitryev eyes, I never knew what she meant though, why do you ask?"

"Because you do have Dmitryev eyes. Aleksey Dmitryev is your father, baby. He's here and he's grieving, thinking you' re dead. I need to bring everyone here one by one to make their grief stop, Danica."

Danica sat up and turned to look at him. "What is my father doing here? Did he know about me?"

Falcon shook his head no. "Not at first, your mother tried to find him, but he had gone back to Russia. He left Jake behind to take care of her while Aleksey returned." Falcon told her the story of Jake's betrayal and how Aleksey had him killed and how he had made the mistake of trusting the Children of Chaos to look out for her due to his bruised ego because Mia had gone to Maddox. He also told her that there was still danger. Naya wasn't the only one out for her blood. There was a brother that also wanted to hurt her, and they were in the process of flushing him out.

"Well damn," she said leaning back against his chest again. "Okay, this is what we will do. I'll stay here for as long as I need to. You'll have to go with me to the doctor's appointment."

"Wild horses couldn't keep me away, baby." He kissed her head as he let his hands roam over her skin.

"Tonight, you can bring Aleksey. He needs to know I'm alive, and I want to meet him. Then Maddox can bring the rest. I want to get this over with. My family shouldn't grieve for me anymore. It makes me so sad knowing that Bex is crying and Titus and Zane and all of them."

Falcon decided not to tell her how upset Bexley still was. She cried every day, and she was drinking more than she should to drown out the ache. It would be good for her to see Danica was alive.

After their long bath and making love to his woman and pleasing her senseless one more time, Falcon dressed in blue jeans and a dark green, long-sleeved shirt. He ran his fingers through his hair leaving it all tousled making him look even sexier than he already was. He put his socks and boots on and then his gun holster and placed his gun in its place before turning to Danica who sat on the bed dressed in a long-sleeved floral dress that reached just above her knees. She stayed barefoot showing her cute painted toes.

"I have something for you." He opened a small wooden chest that sat in the middle of the dresser and took out a small black velvet pouch. "I got this the day I missed our lunch date." He knelt down on one knee and emptied the contents of the pouch in his hand. He held up a platinum ring with a heart shaped sapphire with two diamonds on each side. "Marry me Danica. You make the darkness inside me turn to light. I love you so much. My heart beats because your heart beats."

"Who would've thought that such a large and scary man could be so romantic?" She kissed his lips and held her hand out.

Falcon placed the ring on her left ring finger and kissed her hand first then her lips. He leaned down and kissed her belly before he stood.

The door to their room flew open and Melanie walked in. "You need to go before people wonder where you are." She looked down at Danica's hand and a wide smile took over her face. "It was about time. Congratulations now get the hell out of here."

"I'm going, I'm going." He pulled Danica up and hugged her tight and kissed her long and hard making Melanie have to clear her throat to make them stop.

"Don't think I didn't hear you both last night; made me horny as shit, now get out!" Melanie scolded Falcon making him and Danica laugh at her confession.

He leaned down and kissed her belly one more time before he grabbed his leather jacket and helmet and took his keys from the wooden bowl and walked out.